simple upgrades to a 2002 aero wagon [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: simple upgrades to a 2002 aero wagon

texan_saaber
10th January 2004, 03:35 AM
hi, this is my first time posting.

i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on several things i am looking to upgrade on my 2002 aero wagon. i'm looking to upgrade the intake, downpipe, cat-back. then i'll probably move on to the computer.

also, i would really love to get my hands on those bumpers and sideskirts that the hirsch upgraded aeros have. does anyone have any information on that?

anyways, if y'all have any suggestions on brands and why, that would be really helpful. thanks in advance!

-sean

p.s. does anyone have any idea on compatibility issues between the SID and aftermarket stereos? so if i put in a new head unit, how does it affect the SID (or does it at all?)

Simon
14th January 2004, 04:33 AM
Welcome to Saabcentral!

An ECU and performance air filter would be the easiest initial upgrade, followed by a complete exhaust system with 3" downpipe and sports CAT.

You could try...

www.partsforsaabs.com

or

www.genuinesaab.com

texan_saaber
14th January 2004, 09:50 AM
thanks for the reply simon.

i was reading somewhere about problems with some JT products, specifically the 3" downpipe they make for the 9-5, in that holes start forming in the metal, like it's rotting. ever heard of anything like that happening before?

oh and any tips on getting BSR products in the USA instead of getting them shipped from the UK from partsforsaabs.com? they seem quite pricey...but that could just be from the current depreciation of the american dollar relative to the euro.

Simon
14th January 2004, 11:58 AM
The JT exhaust systems are made of mild steel where as the BSR exhaust systems are made of a combination of stainless and chromed steel so are much better quality and longer lasting. Mild steel rots...

Yes the USD exchange rate is not fantastic at the moment :roll:

texan_saaber
15th January 2004, 10:28 PM
hey simon, was wondering if you know anything about reading saab stocking the hirsch body kits?