Hunting idling [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Hunting idling

Reincheck
4th May 2002, 05:34 PM
Hi guys, could you give a advice about My cars hunting idling.YouŽve discuss quite much about that topic, but I cannot find the direct answer for my problem.
The Car is 9000 Turbo 16V 1989 , B202 engine, with DI, APC, and one ECU. Car has new AIC, Dumpvalve and Ignition cartridge. Problem is, that the idling is moving between 800- 1500rpm, as like the engine system tries to fix the idling. Car has not used in 4 months. IŽd like to know, what would be the first place to search the problem. I believe, that there is no vacuum leaks, and everything else is ok. Thanks for your reply !!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reincheck on May 6, 2002 10:32am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reincheck on May 6, 2002 10:33am ]</font>

Jo K
5th May 2002, 10:14 PM
"haunting idling"?

Oh that would be the ghost in the machine...

Boo! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Reincheck
6th May 2002, 02:56 AM
I meant, hunting idling

MEL
6th May 2002, 05:08 AM
reincheck,
I had some problems like this with my old 9k and it turned out to be corrosion on the connection to the air mass meter
this was an 87 non di t16

its a long shot but an easy check

this prob "haunted" me for ages http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/otn/laughing/icon_smile_lachuh.gif

mel

Alanb
6th May 2002, 07:22 AM
If you have checked for air leaks then this does sound like an AMM problem, but these things are always difficult to diagnose. If possible you ought to try out a know good one.

Alanb

yleecoyote
6th May 2002, 08:08 PM
could be the thottle flap sticking...This was my problem
cleaned it out with carb cleaner it was all brown and gungy..after that idled perfectly

Reincheck
7th May 2002, 03:33 AM
Thanks guys, the throttle valve box was very dirty, + airmeter wire was without that string, which thightens the connection + there was corrosion. IŽll fix those, I hope it works after that, Cheers!

What is AMM?

Alanb
16th May 2002, 11:08 AM
Air Mass Meter