induction kit [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: induction kit

jim_mcghee
7th January 2004, 08:54 AM
I have a 9000CDs i 2.0 non Turbo. I am hoping to fit a K&N induction kit, for a but more kick. Is it just the standard induction kit?

Rhich
7th January 2004, 05:06 PM
I found that the best way to go with this is to buy yourself a cone filter and figure out where you want it and just have a 3Ē tube bent up for it by a local shop.
Although I havenít done it to a NA 9000 I have done it to turbo 9000ís and an in the process of doing it to a 16V NA 900.

jim_mcghee
8th January 2004, 09:16 AM
whats the best kit?

Rhich
16th January 2004, 10:53 AM
Kit? Why buy a kit? The one kit I bought consisted of a cone filter and a metal bracket (last ďkitĒ I ever bought)
For my 9000 I bought a K&N filter and had a 3Ē pipe bent up and that was it. If the motor was in the car I could post a picture.
Some cars Iíve seen just clamp the cone filter onto the AMM which is straight forward and simple if you do this though I would recommend you make up a little bracket or something so the filter isnít bouncing around which could cause the rubber elbow to prematurely rip or crack.
Still waiting for my cone filter I just won on EBay and once thatís here I will get some pictures up to try and give you an idea.

jim_mcghee
19th January 2004, 11:00 AM
Kit? Why buy a kit? The one kit I bought consisted of a cone filter and a metal bracket (last “kit” I ever bought)
For my 9000 I bought a K&N filter and had a 3” pipe bent up and that was it. If the motor was in the car I could post a picture.
Some cars I’ve seen just clamp the cone filter onto the AMM which is straight forward and simple if you do this though I would recommend you make up a little bracket or something so the filter isn’t bouncing around which could cause the rubber elbow to prematurely rip or crack.
Still waiting for my cone filter I just won on EBay and once that’s here I will get some pictures up to try and give you an idea.

hey man cheers, pics would be good too. I understand about the filter now, kit is just a filter and a hose/bracket, unless I see one i like, I might just make my own. What sort of filter do you like?

madxbri
17th February 2004, 05:49 PM
g max do one for arround £25 and it has all the rubber fittings for 99 percent of cars and it works a treat thats what i have