Jamex Springs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Jamex Springs

saab16valve
03-05-02, 08:27 AM
Does anyone have these springs fitted on their SPG or 900? I was wondering how they liked them and the 60mm drop. Does anyone know of any other lower coils that will drop a saab that low or even lower? Thanks

saab16valve
05-05-02, 08:54 PM
Seriously no one knows anything? I mean does anyone know where I can buy them then? Please help

john-w
06-05-02, 02:31 AM
I don't think we have jamex in the UK, you would be better off trying this one on saabnet!!

ageybaby
06-05-02, 03:08 AM
jamex have now started selling kits again in the uk ill see if I can dig out the advert

Reincheck
06-05-02, 04:40 AM
From my experience, Jamex (Intrax) is not the best choice for your car, Jamex springs, are cheaply made and had have problems in several car models, that the backsprings has problems to carry weight. (read: back of the car is lower than front).
So if you just like to lowered your 900, you can choose these, but If you like to have a car which is good to drive and handle, I suggest , that you should consider some other manufacturers springs ( H&R , Koni, etc..) I think you should replace the schock absorbers to kit which is made for lowered suspension. Because a 60mm drop for original shock absorbers will cause that they do not absorb in the level where they were engineered.
60mm drop is possible for 900, but it definetely require specific Schock absorbers for that especially because 900 is not the lightweight car (Bilsteinīs on pipe oil absorbers are good)
Please remeber, that do not use Monroe Sensatronic shock absorbers with lowering springs, NEVER!
CHEERS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: reincheck on May 6, 2002 11:20am ]</font>

Alex
06-05-02, 05:35 AM
The Gmax springs available in the UK are a direct continuation of the old Jamex springs (they are even made on the same equipment).

The original Jamexs didn't have a 60mm drop (I fitted a set to my old 8V turbo), they were more like 20-30 at most.

I would be very doubtful about any spring offering 60mm drops. As Reincheck says, this will cause problems with the dampers, and I don't know of any short stroke dampers for the Saab. Could also cause contact problems between the rear wheels and the arches (even on standard 15" wheels). In the UK atleast, its useful to have some suspension travel when travelling on our wonderful road network.

saab16valve
06-05-02, 08:29 AM
Hmmmm, alright thank you very much, looks like instead i will just go with a set of swedish dynamics lowering coils. Thank you very much for your help

07-05-02, 04:53 PM
I have a set of Jamex 910 lowering springs currently sitting in the dining room. They really ought to be on the car :wink:

Nuts
07-05-02, 05:36 PM
I am not a fan of Jamex springs for the 900.

My brother fitted a set to his 900, the front ride height was lowered by around 30mm, but the back was actually raised :eek: (this wasn't because of sag BTW)!!

The front springs were much too soft for the ride height it gave, and it became a regular occurance to travel along on the skid-plate/sump guard for the week that they remained on the car.

I'd personally go for either the bilstein kit (spring &amp; shortened stroke dampers) or abbott springs &amp; spax dampers (what I have :grin:).

Needless to say they were removed and sent back! Maybe it was just a bad batch, or maybe they hadn't got the springs right for the 900 at that time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nuts on May 7, 2002 10:38pm ]</font>

08-05-02, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I have SPAX dampers on two of my Saabs. I am pretty pleased with them :wink: