That T5 Suite is WELL good! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: That T5 Suite is WELL good!

ianrobbo
15th January 2011, 01:44 PM
Borrowed Saabmatt's Canusb, fitted it to my T5'd C900, and had a look at what it was doing;

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ianrobbo/T5Suitedashboard151.jpg

303 bhp and 480nm - my work here is done!

Seriously, I don't believe that for a moment, although it would be nice.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how accurate these T5 'guesstimates' are? I don't suppose my engine is putting out much over 200 bhp.

ejenner
15th January 2011, 01:59 PM
The note in the manual says the estimates are accurate if the known dimensions of the turbo are accurate and the target boost requests can be met. ;ol;

If you have a boost request table asking for 30psi in ever cell and you've specified the biggest turbo you can inside the software then there's no reason why the guesstimate wouldn't give you 1000hp.

It's a good tool but eaisly abused.

Wish I had a canusb. I'm doing a T5 install at the moment and it's mostly going ok but onto snagging issues and the big one at the moment is trying to find out why it only gives base boost. I'll get there in the end though. There are only so many possibilities and eventually there won't be anything left to check so I'll find the problem in the end.

Turbofrenzy
15th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Borrowed Saabmatt's Canusb, fitted it to my T5'd C900, and had a look at what it was doing;

303 bhp and 480nm - my work here is done!

Seriously, I don't believe that for a moment, although it would be nice.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how accurate these T5 'guesstimates' are? I don't suppose my engine is putting out much over 200 bhp.

You can answer your own question here, saabmatt's canbus over reading! It's specially calibrated so he has more power than me, LOL:roll:, if you try a normal one you'll get a good reading;)

As for ejenner, why don't you just buy one, surely you need it doing all these T5 installations.:roll:

ianrobbo
15th January 2011, 03:56 PM
You can answer your own question here, saabmatt's canbus over reading! It's specially calibrated so he has more power than me, LOL, if you try a normal one you'll get a good reading;)

As for ejenner, why don't you just buy one, surely you need it doing all these T5 installations.:roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ejenner
15th January 2011, 04:52 PM
When you're doing them commerically it does not make sense to buy stuff you don't need. As I'm only selling conversions and not selling tuning I don't need to buy one. Would be handy for diagnostics. But can do without spending 120.00 or whatever they cost. As long as the installation is right then my bit is done.

When I get to the tuning stage on my Carlsson project then I might be able to justify spending the money. When it's personal then it's different!

Turbofrenzy
16th January 2011, 06:13 AM
When you're doing them commerically it does not make sense to buy stuff you don't need. As I'm only selling conversions and not selling tuning I don't need to buy one. Would be handy for diagnostics. But can do without spending 120.00 or whatever they cost. As long as the installation is right then my bit is done.

When I get to the tuning stage on my Carlsson project then I might be able to justify spending the money. When it's personal then it's different!

Wish I had a canusb. I'm doing a T5 install at the moment and it's mostly going ok but onto snagging issues and the big one at the moment is trying to find out why it only gives base boost. I'll get there in the end though. There are only so many possibilities and eventually there won't be anything left to check so I'll find the problem in the end.

Just my opinion, but that seems like reverse logic to me, professionals always have the tools for the job, if people are paying you to fit T5 then it's alot smaller investment than buying a canbus for one single use, eg your own car, in fact the punters would be buying it for you.
Time is money when diagnosing faults!

jdwertz
16th January 2011, 02:12 PM
The note in the manual says the estimates are accurate if the known dimensions of the turbo are accurate and the target boost requests can be met. ;ol;

If you have a boost request table asking for 30psi in ever cell and you've specified the biggest turbo you can inside the software then there's no reason why the guesstimate wouldn't give you 1000hp.

It's a good tool but eaisly abused.

I have that problem as well. still trying to sort it out.