SaabCentral Forums banner

Stock Wheels Weight

9K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Fahad_H 
#1 · (Edited)
I am considering to have a go at the local F1 tracks to compare lap times with some of the road cars that go there.
For a start, I will not drive on my tires, so I need to get a set of tires for track day use. I will also need wheels for easy swap. My current wheels are 18, I think I better go with 17" for lower costs and maybe better performance.

I would like to know how much my current wheels weigh in order to be able to judge how beneficial would be to invest in low weight wheels such as OZ Alleggerita at 16.2 lb for the 17x8".

Also should I go with 245/45R17 or 225/45R17. My current are 225/45R18.

Thank you

See less See more
#3 ·
going from 24 to 17 per each wheel should be great. Any idea about weight differences in these tires of the same model 225/45 R18, 245/45R17, 225/45R17?

245/45 R17 would look good on the car, would it fit straight away?

I am thinking to use some kind of track day tires from Nitto.

Thank you

#6 ·
this is the sizes recommended by Tire Rack for my car

Offset: 40mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-110
Rec. Tire Size:235/45-17

Should I go with 35mm and 245/45?

if my car has 225/45 R18 (25.97 in), I need at least 245/45 R17 (25.68 in) to maintain the height, I don't want the rim/tire package to look very small.

thanks

#7 ·
I would go with the recommend tire size with an 8" wide wheel the widest you should go is 245, but 235 will insure you don't have rubbing isssues and as for weight is concerned I think 235 would be wide enough especially with a light weight wheel. I would hate to tell you that 245 is perfect, and then you end up with rubbing issues. I have 225/60/15's right now and I'm rubbing slightly on the drivers side. I think you get a 17" wheel with 235's on it and you will be set.

#13 ·
I weighed my steel spare with tire today, it was 20kg. I really want to know my 18" weight. too bad the dealership don't have it in the parts store, otherwise I would love to go weigh it. :D

I need to know the difference between my current package and what I am planning to get. That article is very informative. Saving weight on the wheels is very important.

I decided to go with OZ Alleggerita HLT at 16.2lb each. For the tires, I will go with Nitto semi slick road course tires. I assume they are lighter than road tires, So maybe going with 245/45R17 will not be heavier than 225/45R18?

I don't think they would stick out too much I would say best to talk to tirerack and see what they recommend
Cool, I went to take a look at my car, I think there is room in the fender well for wider wheels/tires.

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.