SaabCentral Forums banner

Parents

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Kandiru 
#1 · (Edited)
Parents considering a change of car

My folks are about to come into a bit of money due to inheritance and my mother told me that she had been down with a friend looking at her local vw dealer.... looking at a VW Passat... much to my disgust.

Anyway I've caught this in time and have directed her to the world of Saab, the passat and new 9-5 seem to be in a similar price range (At the lower end of the 9-5 Scale anyway). So I should be getting a look at the new 9-5 soon :D if she doesn't go for the 9-3 that is...

I'll keep you posted.

Michael

#3 ·
I will do my best I would love a new 9-5 myself but can't just afford one, from looking at the Ireland Saab website they seem to have less of a selection of models available :cry: may have to go to the UK for the better selection, we shall see. Working on steering them away from VAG/Seats/Skodas etc...

The emissions on the diesels compare with anything that VW has to offer so that's a good thing, (Irelands road tax is based on CO2 emissions and gets very steep depending on how hight the CO2 figures get)

#10 ·
I like Skodas actually;oops: There's a pretty big gap between quality and price difference between a new 9-5 and a Skoda isn't there? I don't really know quality and prices as we don't have them here.

#12 ·
Saabhutter I'd say there is a bit of a gap alright Skoda to me seems to be VW with older technology in it but I maybe wrong there. They are cheaper that is one thing for sure, there is lots of room in them for what I can see too. They're picking it up on friday.... not a bad car in farness but it looks like it was designed by two separate people with the person learning the ropes finishing off the rear of the car as it has a rear end that looks horrid. The one thing in its favour is that it's got a rear boot can open like a conventional boot....or open the same way the old 9000cs would open like hatchback, which is a nice feature.

I got a spewl about how it had specced with heated front and rear seats etc... most of which was responded with.. yes so does my 9-5 (A MY00 9-5 Aero Wagon).

Trollhättan Bil you're right there :D

#13 ·
I'm slowing advancing in the Saab battle with my parents. ;ol; My dad is all for it, he wants the new 9-5 for the value it offers. My mom doesn't want anything with less than 7 seats....that's what I'm still working on....

My grandparents might be looking into a 9-5 too. ;ol;

#15 ·
Skodas are close to my heart as I was almost born in one, the rural road leading to the hospital got covered by a mudslide, luckily it was near a rock quarry so a bulldozer cleaned it in a few hours, i was out 30 minutes after arrival
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.