SaabCentral Forums banner

01 aero to newer cluster...will it work?

941 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  firehawk618 
#1 ·
I'm interested in replacing my cluster, 01 Aero with whatever year had the speedometer that has 90mph at approx 3 oclock vs the one I have now where 90 is more like 2 oclock...making any sense?

I have access to a Tech 2 so coding hopefully won't be an issue.

Anyone know if this is a direct plug in and what years came with the higher mph cluster....

thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I never noticed that, but after reviewing some pictures of earlier 9-5s it is in different spot. Does yours only got to 150 or 160?

#6 ·
I think someone tried this, actually the idea was to put an Aero binnacle into a SE to get the turbo guage..and it didnt work...........not sure why or if tech 2 was involved.

It would be worth searching for the thread rather than just asking if anyone has done it..............perhaps

#7 ·
I have the 02+ cluster here. There's only 1 connector vs 2 on the 01 cluster.

I compared the pinouts and it looks as if it will all swap over HOWEVER....

the only 4 wires i'm concerned about are the databus wires. Yes they're the same and all but I just wonder if the communication will be different.....

Also am questioning whether or not the milage is stored in the cluster or a different module....

Also am wondering if the cluster is married to the car or not......

Questions questions questions......

One way to find out for sure.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.