SaabCentral Forums banner

how can i make cheap hp

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 ·
just bought a 00 95 aero sedan. how can i make more power with out spending too much money like under 400 bucks

#2 ·
Jzwtuning.com has t7 ecu tunes for $300.(+30 horses or so) However, make sure first that your car is currently working at maximum potential. Check for boost leaks, vacuum leaks, evap system leaks (bolt mod), and a faulty recirculate valve (do you hear hooting?). All of these can rob you of horsepower.

For reference, in my stock 01 Aero my tcs kicks in every time I punch the throttle coming out of a sharp curve. Without tcs, I would be burning rubber.

#6 ·
make sure first that your car is currently working at maximum potential. Check for boost leaks, vacuum leaks, evap system leaks (bolt mod), and a faulty recirculate valve (do you hear hooting?). All of these can rob you of horsepower.
+1 - then upgrade your brakes ;)

#5 ·
yeah this does help but tire smoke is always time well spent. got out of my dads m3 and went for a ride in the saab and he was like this is like my car but opposite kinda ERRRHHHummm durrrhh he said instead the rear kicking out the front just goes straight

#7 ·
The first $400 I would spend to upgrade an eleven year old car would be concentrated on brakes, suspension, and tires - and $400 probably won't be enough unless the car was very well maintained by the previous owner.

Just my opinion.

#9 ·
Well just a question. For cheap couldn't he get a t7 ecu from a 02 to 05 for the better tuning?
Nope the hardware is different.........

#13 ·
Stability control is the big one, ecu's with and without are non-interchangable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.