SaabCentral Forums banner

Stitched up a test panel. need some opinions!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Wulf 
#1 · (Edited)
So here is a passeger door panel that i change up a little i have plans to make the door pull and pocket in carbon fiber and wanted to see what you think. phone pick so not as detailed as i wanted. Any way its a black suede with camel stitch its not 100% but you get the idea it is a test peice.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmm, thats a bit too - "old shooting jacket" looking for me personally...........sorry :confused:

#3 ·
I actually really like the idea. Not a fan of the black on the tan though. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but maybe consider doing a gray suede?

Keep up the work. ;ol; I love the idea!

#4 ·
I have to agree im not 100% with the black and tan. Thanks for the opinions, i think i did the diamond stitching just for fun and i to see how complex i could get. the camel color scheme is hard to find a good match that wont be to much of a contrasting mix. keep the ideas coming its nice to get a different perspective.

#8 · (Edited)
I love the diamond stitch pattern. Since your dash is gray, what if you used a similar gray material for the new piece. To really make it work well, perhaps the door handle and elbow rest from a charcoal interior could be fitted. You are awesome for thinking of this and keep on SAABing! ;ol;

#10 ·
I think it looks great. It'd look even better in my black/grey interior w different stitching.

How long does it take you to do one? Are you thinking of selling these?

Do you take the panel off of the larger door panel? How do you get them back on? I've taken my doors apart a few times but never paid much attention...

Keep it up!

#13 ·
Well thanks for all of your support on the idea, after looking at the color scheme i have decided that black is out. So these panels are a biatch to take off due to the glue, but you have to go nice and slow heat will help. i will do a final write up once i figure out what i am going to use for a final layout. It took me about 2 hrs to remove and cut a template, then stitch it up. It was the first one so i would say about an hour once i have a pattern made up. i may end up playing with some different schemes to see what i like. keep the ideas coming its always good to see what the masses like. Hope everyone had a great holiday. i will have more pics to come.

#14 ·
How would you work the colour scheme in with the seats? Especially if you've got full leather. Would it work in with the center panels?
Anyone tried colouring the carpet especially in the Beige interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.