SaabCentral Forums banner

Check enigine light help!

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  stipud 
#1 ·
I have fiddled with my car a little trying to increase performance the check eginge light would come on periodically and then go off Until today It hasnt been on for atleast two months. I put gumout fuel injector fluid intoday with a full tank of high grade gas and got an oil change with synthetic oil yesterday. After putting the injector fluid in i drove it 3 miles then went in the mall once i turned my car back on the check engine light lit up. anyone have an idea whats going on here??:confused:

#5 ·
It's very hard to diagnose without providing a code. Get the code and the good folks on here can help a lot.

My guess: if the car is running fine it's probably a small evap leak it's common that this would come and go.

#8 ·
Are you sure wouldnt this mean the other two cylinders would not work and not allowing the car to run? is there a chance the wires feeding this are loose or i could need spark plugs? Also my car falls in the recall area being an 01 aero is this still available?

#13 ·
Used is fine, but it may be no better than yours...

Running as it is can damage the cat - expensive or the engine - very expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.