SaabCentral Forums banner

Please help Turbo will not Redline

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive had the car for one year and I had the transmission replaced its at 160k miles now and then it was at 155k The turbo used to red line constantly and i remember a much more powerful boost what may be the cause of this?

Is this a result of the BPC failing or the APC its seems like maybe its inaccurately reading psi?

#5 ·
Yep if it doesnt help, put it back to stock - good luck!

You can also do a ECU reset - remove fuse 17 at the end of your dash for 20-30 mins - then refit - then go drive it hard!

Good luck ;)

#6 ·
I have another quick question, I have a battery comming in the mail for my key because it died awhile ago, If i swap the batteries will i have any issues with the key like a key not accepted error I bought the car new and only have one key.

http://www.autotransponder.com/2003-2009_saab_9-5_remote_head_key

Also where is the best place to pry on the key? above the soft rubbery area?

#7 ·
I have a question regarding the key too. I bought the car a year ago and only have one key the battery died awhile ago and Ive been skeptical to replace the battery in fear it would reset the computer or something. Is this possible or am i safe to go ahead.

Additionally Ive given a shot at opening it real quick and i was unsure where to pry from, I am aware where the clip is should i be above it or below it on the opposite side?
And when i reset ECU will i have any issues with key recognition

#8 ·
Replacing the battery shouldnt cause any problems or reset anything.

#10 ·
I cant figure out how to measure the psi is there a possible way? The Gauge gets to like 3/4 threw yellow and plateaus at that

&

Is their risk in taking the ECU out will it forget the keys?
The only true way to check boost pressure is with an additional boost guage, not the one on the dash.

Why would you want to remove the ECU?

#15 ·
If after the ECU reset the key doesnt work simply press unlock a number of times until it re establishes itself.

But dont change the battery and reset the ECU at the same time in case you have a problem cos you wont know where to look first.

#16 ·
Chris you have been very helpful i noticed a minor boost after ECU fuse was taken out for 30min but I am not satisfied yet I'm tryin to do the bolt modification but can find the corresponding lines. I'm running a 2001 Saab aero Ive looked at diagrams explaining the process but cant locate the appropriate lines.

#17 ·
Can someone post up a picture of the bolt mod done please?

I have no photos and no saab.........sorry.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.