SaabCentral Forums banner

Show off your subwoofers!

17K views 90 replies 37 participants last post by  new2saab123 
#1 ·
yo whats up guys show off ur subwoofers on ur 95's and lets hear that sh*t boom! :cheesy:

See less See more
#5 ·
I used to have 2 JL 12W3s sealed box in my previous car (Olds Aurora) with a JL 500w. Sold the amp, still have the subs in the basement... Those things were pretty cool. The box was custom made at Tweeter, very high quality, and after a few years the subs still managed to rip it apart a bit :)

#10 ·
In the Estate there's loads of space under the boot floor to put ALL sorts of techo gadgetry, just drill some tiny holes in the floor to add a airway.

Now that's the way it's done.
Stock whrn the boot's open so no peering eyes. Aladdins' cave by lifting the floor!

#12 ·
Yeah i`m bass head still at age 29 .no pics at the moment but i`m running 2 re audio sex 12inch d4`s,1500 rms mono block autotek mm 1 amp,custom box tuned to 35hz,sony deck with ipod cable in glove box,hc-800 kinetic battery in the trunk along with stock battery in the engine,all ran on 4awg wire.no dimming at all when i pound.yeah b i`m shaking houses!turn it down every once in a while to hear that dump valve blow off!

#14 ·
depends what music you listen to really, bass below 40hz played on my stock system is inaudiable.evern high end midrange speakers arnt designd to play below 40hz to hit thoose low notes you need to move alot of air which requries a speaker with a big surface area.

#25 ·
I have run several different subwoofers as well:

2x PG Xmax 12's. By far the loudest and punchiest setup, but the least accurate.

IDMax 12. Really smooth deep bass, but the sub was a bit underpowered, so somewhat boomy.

PG RSD 10 prototype. Great 10" sub. Just needed a bit more oomph so went with a 12" PG RSD Competition in my final setup.

Also not pictured a custom built SSA Dcon subwoofer. I switch back and forth between it and the RSD Competition right now.

Also the most important part for sound quality is sound treatments!!

Doors:
Deadened inside, then covered and fiberglassed over the access holes...

Deadened over the top...

And finally a layer of closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl to block the speaker backwave, and road noise.

Trunk:
3 layers deep on the trunk lid, by far the rattliest stock area

Covered the whole trunk, with two layers on all the flat areas

Back shelf too!

This spring I will be doing the roof and floors as well!

#27 ·
I will have to post pictures latter, but I did have a couple of 10" kicker l7's in a ported box with a 1000 watt alpine v12 amp. Was too damn loud for me and one of the subs developed a rattle so I pawned them off on someone else who thought they could fix it.

As soon as I can find, make or trade for a single 12 box I will be putting a single JL 12w3v3 with kicker amp in my saab. Total cost for the speaker and amp...$90...Spent $80 on them amp, and my cousin gave me the JL when he went to iraq. I had to replace a tensile lead so that cost me about $10...Not a bad set-up for under $100.

#29 ·
i had a 12w7 in my durango, blew it.
then i had 3 12w1s? that i then sold
then i got a alpine plv7 and then sold that
now i have a 12 inch type x that im going to trade for another plv7 and cash for the saab.

how do you hook it up to stock system? i just get the speaker wire-rca box correct?

#31 ·
stipud did you notice a huge increase in cabin quietness with all that sound deadening material?

Had thought about doing it sometime on my 02 aero but "dynamat" is farking expensive, what is it that you use?

#32 ·
I'm curious about sound deadening too. I'm getting tired of the "swooshing" sound from behind the back seats. I want my car QUIET. (So I can hear the music better! :D)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.