SaabCentral Forums banner

Utter loss. Any ideas?

582 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 ·
So I have had a check engine light on for some time now. I managed to make it from New Jersey to Illinois, but this car broke down in Ohio. $700 later I made it home via a Uhaul and car dolly.

Here are all of the issues I have been having:

In ohio I had the check engine light. There were several faults associated with this, including both O2 sensors were causing the fuel to be lean, multiple engine misfires, and O2 sensor front bank completely non responsive.

Since I got it home and have been trying to figure out the problem I have had the O2 sensor non responsive and multiple engine misfires. On top of that, every time my car reaches the RPMs where it idles the exclamation point in the triangle comes on along with the engine oil light. As soon as you accelerate the engine oil and warning light go out, but come back on next time you stop or reach a lower RPM.

The car constantly struggles to maintain steady RPMs and dies randomly. There will still be power but the engine dies off. When in park the engine will go to die off but may catch its idle and shoot the RPMs up to above 2k

I hope someone has any idea what is going on. With all of the problems I am having I know taking this thing to a mechanic will cost me so much money I will be lucky to get back to my base after leave is over.

See less See more
#2 ·
So I have had a check engine light on for some time now.
Why...... did you think it was pretending there was a problem?

When the check engine light comes on a fault code is stored, get the codes read and post them here we can then help you further ;)

#3 ·
The oil light sounds like the engine is toast, did you ever check the sump? what you are describing sounds exactly what bad main bearings will do, as they are going. I would suggest you drop your sump and take a look around.

Oh and can we move this to the workshop someone, its not a performance thread at all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.