Carlsson Arches? - Not Aero ones [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Carlsson Arches? - Not Aero ones

Nuts
30th April 2002, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know where to get hold of a set of the Carlsson arches?

I have read some previous posts on the subject, the name "Ballards" popped up, but who are they and does anyone have any contact details?

I currently have the Aero ones fitted alongside my Carlsson/Airflow bumpers, but unfortuanly they are not the correct fit, and as I am just about to have some severe bodywork tidying done, I need to get hold of a set of the correct arches before spraying starts.

Any ideas/suggestion much appreciated as I am getting quotes on the work this week, so I am quite desperate to get them sorted. I have posted on this topic before, so sorry if I am resurrecting an exhausted post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nuts on Apr 30, 2002 4:12pm ]</font>

Alex
30th April 2002, 01:53 PM
I'm sure 2 stroke to turbo sell reproduction Carlsson arches.

Alanb
30th April 2002, 01:58 PM
At a price...

Nuts
30th April 2002, 02:08 PM
OK, I'll give them a try tomorrow. Thanks!

Previous posts mentioned that Saab still sell them for 58 +VAT each, but I am going to check that too tomorrow.

I can get hold of brand new airflow bumpers, whaletails and vent covers.....Just not the bits I want! Always the way! :roll:

Any other places anyone knows about? Any ideas on who "Ballards" are....anyone?

Alex
30th April 2002, 02:30 PM
I think they're a Saab garage in Finchley.

I think 2 stroke may be cheaper now, one of their phone operaters was doing a nice line in over charging customers and making his own line in profit. Doesn't work there any more..

Andrew Williams
30th April 2002, 10:51 PM
Nuts,
Ballards of finchley is a saab main agent they advertise in the SOC saab driver magazine. Their freephone parts number is 0800 211 900

The full set of arches are 153.48 + vat, part# 40116011008
A lot cheaper than buying them separatly. If you do phone them and get Jason, you might be able to suggest a discount of up to %20 as i did which covers the vat, it's worth a try.
The arch set includes fixing brackets and screws, 4 pieces of rubber trim, 4 plastic arch trims for screwing into, and a fitting manual.
Good luck

matt.b
1st May 2002, 04:01 PM
Two stroke turbo definately sell the wide flare arches.....i myself recieved a replacement yesterday ....58.00 for unpainted...30.00 extra for painted..fixing kit also extra ..all plus vat.

Andrew Williams
1st May 2002, 08:22 PM
matt.b,
I take it as you needed one arch that the 58 was for one arch, and 30 was for painting just one arch?

Well from Saab they are 58 + vat each and they will also leave in the box;

fixing brackets and screws
rubber trim
plastic arch trim (protects arch from screw holes)
and not try to charge you extra and btw, 30 per arch for paint sounds alot. I hope you didn't go for the paintjob as well, has no one told you about Two stroke to turbo. They quoted me 200 for two 15in 3 spoke aero alloys, a few days later i got a full set with good tyres for 235.

Keith
3rd May 2002, 05:53 PM
Don't get me started again on Two Stroke :evil: