SaabCentral Forums banner

New thread for ridiculous rides!!!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Saab_Love 
#1 ·
Post up any ridiculous rides you seen on your daily drive with a small story about them!

THis little beauty was spotted in Mansfield MA when I was shopping with my wife. Newer g35x wtf??? ;ol;

This one is hard to see but it was a early model civic all done up with non matching rims, and a fart cannon. Right before I took this he had to redline his gears to pass me dangerously in a double yellow line zone while I was just chugging along at the 40 mph speed limit on my way to work. He continued to try and race me at every stop light and I didnt give in.. Until he yelled out the window that my car was a **** box and them something else in Spanish (I really only know swears so thats all I could make out)... So I had to leave him behind sadly at the last light... and then continued to drive comfortably at the 40 mph limit :nono;

See less See more
#2 ·
I really hate these kind of threads - which should be in the lounge anyway

All they do is lower us educated and distinguished Saab owners to the ranks of every other car forum ripping the "p" out of other people's "pride and joys".....................

The point of a Saab is that it just doesnt have to score points ;)

Just my 2p though :roll:

#4 · (Edited)
I have no problems with honda's.. in fact the new SI is actually a pretty nice car for the money... it's no luxury saab.. but its a nice car. My neighbor has one and took me for a ride. It's more the CHILDREN (as I like to say the 17 year old high school kid) that drive them that I have a problem with. I guess that can really go for any car.. As I have seen a minivan speeding around rt2 with racing stripes, an exhaust, and rims.

Your car is your own.. you can do whatever you want with it... I just wish the ones that look the most ridiculous would not drive dangerously around my saab when I have my family in the car.

Like I said.. people customize cars for a reason... to make them personal and give them the touch they like and or want. To each his own.

I also didn't start this thread with the intension of KNOCKING on anything that isnt a saab. I just meant it for telling your silly stories of other drivers with silly cars or bad driving from your daily commute. I don't consider myself better than anyone else for driving a saab, nor do I consider myself distinguished. I'm just an average guy that loves his car, as do many other drivers on the road.

Oh and just an FYI.. when I said the driver of the car was swearing at me in spanish.. I just want to put it out there that I wasn't trying to be (and AM NOT) racist.... as many people relate honda's with Latino or spanish speaking individuals. I just don't want anyone to take that the wrong way. He just really was swearing about my car or his car in spanish and all I could make out was "car" "SH*T" and "box"

Cheers.

One Love, Saab_Love

#3 ·
This one is hard to see but it was a early model civic all done up with non matching rims, and a fart cannon. Right before I took this he had to redline his gears to pass me dangerously in a double yellow line zone while I was just chugging along at the 40 mph speed limit on my way to work. He continued to try and race me at every stop light and I didnt give in.. Until he yelled out the window that my car was a **** box and them something else in Spanish (I really only know swears so thats all I could make out)... So I had to leave him behind sadly at the last light... and then continued to drive comfortably at the 40 mph limit :nono;
This is funny, because I almost feel I witnessed this from a different car. However Im in MN. I once had a guy in a similar looking honda who spoke a similar language try and race everybody he saw. I was just cruising around and I heard some guy swearing out of his window. I look back and this honda is trying to do burnouts and flick people off. He kept reving at people and then cursing at them. Car was probably stolen, however; at a red light he would pull along to the shoulder, as if it were another lane so he could race the other cars. I had to put up with this garbage for like 2 lights, and that was enough for me to put my Honda up on craigslist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.