What do all these dash lights mean? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What do all these dash lights mean?

Brian900s
11th December 2010, 09:12 AM
Sooooo...there's one light that is an exclamation point with a triangle in red around it(looks imp) on my dashboard. I think in the speedo. What does that mean?

If anyone can post a link for an owners manual, a service or parts manual would be great too, I'de really appreciate it. 1997 900s

'97 Saab SE Turbo
11th December 2010, 09:40 AM
The big red triangle is the warning (read WARNING) alarm that usually points to another alarm, like SRS (air bags), ABS (antilock braking), oil pressure or charging voltage. The first thing that I would do is turn on the ignition (without starting the car) and see if all the instrument cluster lamps are lighted - especially the oil pressure lamp. You may need to use a flashlight pointed at the cluster to see all of the lights that aren't lighting... Ron

busaboy
11th December 2010, 10:15 AM
There also might be a message on the SID

earthworm
11th December 2010, 11:37 AM
Sooooo...there's one light that is an exclamation point with a triangle in red around it(looks imp) on my dashboard. I think in the speedo. What does that mean?

If anyone can post a link for an owners manual, a service or parts manual would be great too, I'de really appreciate it. 1997 900s
Today, I think, eBay Motors has one, $10, its very much a supply and demand thing.
A manual for a Mustang could be a $50 offering. The one that I have(Lincoln) is probably worthless.
But one never knows for certain.
American Pickers on History.

Tweek's Turbos
11th December 2010, 11:53 AM
I have set it off for ABS reasons during extremely hard turns at Saabtoberfests in the past. :lol:

'97 Saab SE Turbo
11th December 2010, 11:56 AM
If anyone's interested, the 2000 and later Saab manuals (except the 2010) are here:

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/saab/

... Ron

busaboy
11th December 2010, 01:06 PM
thanks - good post, esp. for those without manuals.

Brian900s
11th December 2010, 03:41 PM
Thanx...that deff sent me in the right direction. I know I shouldn't want something for nothing but it's 2010 and theres gota be a manual for Sandra somewhere. I used to find manuals for my suzuki motorbikes and my honda's all the time. I'm goin to look around for a manual and put the link up in this thread if I find one.

Brian900s
11th December 2010, 07:15 PM
Here's the link i found. 200-1 9-3's are the same as 97's I heard so here's a link

Din't see SE turbo's post before my last so sory.
http://gmprotectionplanwarranty.com/owners-manual/saab/2001-Saab-9-3M.pdf