SaabCentral Forums banner

2007 headlights

946 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mgmt585 
#1 ·
Recently got a 2007 9-5 estate, very dissapointed with the amount of light from both dipped and main beam. Got 55w osram nightbreakers that made a bit of difference. Question: Can I put 100w bulbs in and if so does anyone know if they will be much brighter

#2 ·
Saab headlights are usually excellent.....

I wouldnt use a higher rated bulb incase the extra current draw was a problem for the wiring, but I would consider fitting a HID kit, they are simple to fit and quite reasonable now.

#4 ·
I fitted one on my 2002 9-5 only did the headlight not the main beam, took all of 20 minutes to fit :p

#5 ·
I used to be disappointed with lights, so...

I tried 100W bulbs. Both blew within 6 weeks or so.

Got philips +80% bulbs as they were rated in autocar or autoexpress as the best halogens money can buy. They were good; i had them in low and high beams, but was still hungry.

So i put 6000k dipped beam, 35W HIDs - much, much better.

Then i got greedy and put 50W 4300k HIDs into the highbeams; and wow, they shine a long, long way. Wish i'd gone for 6000k though (colour - crystal white with no hint of yellow, 4300k have a slight yellow tinge).

That was my experience, if i got a 9-5 again i'd probably jump straight onto the HID bandwagon once more, changes the experience of driving at night time.

Also, as your's is a 2007, from 2006 onwards saab made the headlights have projectors for both low beams and highbeams; so a win win for you!

One other note; with them in highbeams, they do take about 5 seconds or so to get up to FULL brightness; a lot of people confuse this with having no light output at all, that's not true, they're just.. i would say as bright as halogens for the first 5 seconds. So consider this for when you are flashing people out etc etc; this was a concern of mine, but even in summer time during the day, people could see me flash them.

My 0.02.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.