SaabCentral Forums banner

Clutch question on my 95

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ragtopcav 
#1 ·
I had a question about a clutch kit for my 2000 95 the stock clutch is starting to slip which isn't a big deal but I was wonder what exactly are the stock ones rated to in terms of ho and tourqe numbers. Can the stock ones safely run 270hp or should I upgrade to a stage one if so what's a good kit to go with just in general ? I heard spec sucks and to stay away from them if at all possible ? Is that true

#2 ·
What engine is your 9-5? The aero's have a slightly bigger clutch I've not heard anything bad about the original units on here.

If your car is not an aero it maybe worth upgrading to the aero spec when you're doing the job.

#5 ·
I think I am actually experiencing the "slip" you're talking about. I have a stock LPT clutch with no apparent problems under normal use, but sometime at WOT I'll feel the engine rev and it feels like the clutch is slipping. It's only when the car is really pulling... interesting

#8 ·
I took a stock 2.0 lpt to Abbott Beta and in double quick time the clutch gave up [it had done around 99,000 miles at the tune-up]. An Aero clutch came to the rescue. I've not looked back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.