SaabCentral Forums banner

Car Starter

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  all4show33 
#1 · (Edited)
Remote Car Starter

Has anyone wired a remote car starter to their 9-5? Would it mess with the whole immobilization system and car alarm, or is it doable?

I hate sitting in a cold car for it to warm up...

#5 ·
Remote start cannot be done by anyone, ever. There was a guy in Canada, expert installer master tech, tried and tried told us he could do it wrote a thread for about a year and disappeared IIRC ( or came back after a year so said he got it to work but it was not worth the effort

#7 ·
That's what I've resigned to. After some research it would indeed be easier to install that ridiculously complicated gas-fired heater, than try - and likely fail - at a remote start.

I was actually thinking of a possibly simpler system in involving a robot hand connected to a key already in the ignition - that remotely twists the key to start it. That might be simpler. Any engineers around? Might be a problem leaving the key in the ignition, though, with lights or radio turning off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.