SaabCentral Forums banner

BSR VS CTI exhaust

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CycM17 
#1 ·
I need a new exhaust and tried to order a 2 1/2" BSR system from Genuine Saab, they can't get one for at least 3-4 weeks and my system won't hold out that long. I am thinking about getting a sytem from CTI (http://www.customtubesinc.com/). Are there any other options, any one have experience with CTI?

#3 ·
Sorry never even heard of them :confused:

#4 ·
Your system that you have on the car now will hold out just fine for a few weeks. Honestly, if your entire exhaust falls off from the cat back, it really isn't unbearably loud. In fact, mine was off at that point for something like 2 months and I never attracted attention from the police - just heard lots of complaints from my girlfriend :lol:

You'll probably be happy with either exhaust in the end, but BSR is a bit better known.

#5 ·
Someone had the CTI 9-5 videos posted but the links no longer work. The BSR will probably be quieter, but it depends on what mufflers CTI uses (Magnaflow, iirc).

I ran an open DP for over a month waiting for the BSR to ship with my GS V2 DP (NG900). Loud, yes. Worth the wait? Sure. Especially since BSR has come down in price over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.