SaabCentral Forums banner

JT Exhaust downpipe cat help

858 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  securite 
#1 ·
Just got a full 3" jt exhaust for my 2003 aero, I also got the magna flow race cat. I know i need to weld the cat into the downpipe but am not exactly sure where to put it... does anyone know? has anyone done this before? Do i need to relocate my second o2 sensor? Im open to any ideas or words of wisdom. Thanks in advance guys....

Matt

#2 ·
A couple of thoughts but no definite answer on this question. The further back the catalyst is located, the longer it will take to heat up & so could be an emissions issue esp. if emission testing in your state. The other is the factory location of the catalyst which contributes to the sludge issue due to its location directly under the oil pan. IF there was a safe way to move the cat back without other issues esp. as to heat, I would consider it. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

#4 ·
OK cool that is what I thought but was not sure, I am lucky and we don't have emissions here where I live. Will the delay in the cat heating up cause a "cel" issue with the car? Just dont want to do this wrong and ruin my down pipe or have driveablity issue with the car. really appreciate the insight.

#6 ·
just wanted to let you guys know i got it on the car and welded up no problems and without any cels. car runs amazing and exhaust sounds awesome. ended up mocking it up on the car, dropping second 02 sensor back behind the engine to locate where to put the bung needed to be welded and it was as easy as that. im very happy with the results. sent the ecu out to JZW this morning for the tune.

thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.