SaabCentral Forums banner

Stage 1 map

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Gav 
#1 ·
Im considering a stage 1 map for my 2001 aero, im happy with how quick the car actualy is, but i would like it to feel quiker ie push you back in the seat more will stage one do this?

#2 ·
Stage 1 on an Aero won't do all that much - something like a 10 or 15 hp increase. You'll probably notice it and like it, but it's not that big of an increase for the money involved. You have to really start adding lots of hardware to the Aero if you want noticeably more power.

#4 ·
I have a feeling you weren't looking at the Aero tune. First of all, although the 2000-2001 Aeros were listed at 230bhp, I know that dyno tests have shown them to be a bit higher, closer to 250. This page should be what you would want, shows about a 20hp increase. It really just depends on if you feel like spending almost $700 for another 20hp.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Iv been offerd a stage 1 diy map which is based on the bsr map which would cost me around £100

Evern if its only 20bhp more +84Nm seems like a big chunk of torqe? im sure you guys know best i just would have thought + 84nm would be quite noticeable.

#8 ·
Both the bhp and torque are under rated, but you'll probably end up with about +20hp and +40nm. For £100 it is worth your while, you'll love it. For the BSR price I don't think it would be worth it but having someone do it for you for less will definitely be great. I'd keep in contact with them too if you have considered going to a stage 2 or 3, they may do the next tune for even less.

Oh and Chris - this is another case of Americans being different... the genuinesaab BSR page shows stage 1 as 252 > 273bhp.

#7 · (Edited)
Thats not much more than a full tank of fuel - go for it :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.