SaabCentral Forums banner

No Heat On Left Side

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi hows it going everyone im new to this forum and i have a quick question about no heat on driver side but good heat on pass side and back.
i have a 99 saab 9.5 se 2.3L 5 speed that i just bought and i did the test for the heat and got a code of 2-----19 the 2 was on the left and 19 on right i cant seem to find anything online about this code and was hoping someone could help Again im new to this forum and im sorry if i posted in wrong area
any replys are much appreciated and maybe a link to somewhere that gives me the definition to codes would be helpful :( i just realized that im in performance section of forum im sorry for that)

#2 ·
wow i have the same problem.. only no codes but only way i get my left heat to work is put the ac on and then rise the temp slowly to hi and it will get warm i usualy have to do this everytime i turn my heat on it blows.. so i have no idea how to fix it or what causes it so id figure id tell you how i get mine to work..

#3 ·
thanks for the reply i know there is a coolant bypass valve near the firewall and also a another part in the heater box that causes this i forget what the last parts called but there is some info in the forum about it.i will have to try what you do just to buy me a little time before i tear this thing apart. Thanks:D

#4 ·
Hi hows it going everyone im new to this forum and i have a quick question about no heat on driver side but good heat on pass side and back.
i have a 99 saab 9.5 se 2.3L 5 speed that i just bought and i did the test for the heat and got a code of 2-----19 the 2 was on the left and 19 on right i cant seem to find anything online about this code and was hoping someone could help Again im new to this forum and im sorry if i posted in wrong area
any replys are much appreciated and maybe a link to somewhere that gives me the definition to codes would be helpful :( i just realized that im in performance section of forum im sorry for that)
http://blog.saab9-5.com/?p=26

#5 ·
Thank You very Much Chris 9-5 i have been looking for This answer (or link) for a few days now and did not come up with any straight forward answers like this site gives you ( http://blog.saab9-5.com/?p=26 )
thank you very much for the quick reply its very much appreciated.
I will let everybody know how i make out with fixing this issue.
ohh and next question i have i will make sure i post in the right spot.:D

#6 ·
thanks for this link its perfect now one more question i didn't realize it but i have two codes 1 is #19 and the other is code #08 now is this two separate problems or could one be causing the other.
also i just registered for this site a few days ago and i must say its gotta be the best forum I've seen so far.It seems that all the problems that the dealer would charge $2,000 us dollars for somebody here has a almost free fix. Go figure lol.
thanks in advance for any advise on how to go about fixing and saving a couple thousand on this issue.

#7 ·
i have this problem to and it drives me batty because i have no heat on the drivers side but the passy and the rear work fine. but the ac works just fine accept sometimes it will blow hot on the passy side. at which point turning the temp all the way up then back down slowly usually does the trick if you find a fix for it let us know and welcome to the saab family

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.