SaabCentral Forums banner

Seats

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MacNoob 
#1 ·
My drivers seat is feeling a bit flat these days. I want to do something but don't know what yet.

I've never been too fond of the support the stock seats have. Do the Aero model seats have more support than mi stock SE seats? I may look into upgrading to those if so.

I might also look into buting new replacement foam and having a shop recover the whole interior with some better leather.

What do you all think? Has anyone done anything like this?

#2 ·
I can assure you that the later style Aero seats are definitely better as far as seats go. I am really bummed my 2000 Aero didn't come with the seats, but they didn't start putting them into Aeros until 2003 or 2004, I don't remember.

I want to source some, however I need to get the vented seats and that'll be near impossible without spending several thousand dollars.

#4 ·
I want to source some, however I need to get the vented seats and that'll be near impossible without spending several thousand dollars.
Join the club...the vented Aero seats are rare to find. I was calling a breaker in NY that only deals with SAABs every week for a couple years trying to find some. My interior is the beige, which apparently is even MORE rare. :cry:

02+ Aeros have very nice bucket seats... i have a spare set btw
beige? vented? :D

#9 ·
I've just learned that the seats in the photo from post #7 are the sport seats in a 2006 9-5.

I did find a pair of 2005 Aero seats in good shape for $400 for the set. Does anyone have a photo of what these look like. Are they anything like the 2006 sport seats?

I'll call and see if they are the right color and ask for some photos.

#10 ·
I did find a pair of 2005 Aero seats in good shape for $400 for the set. Does anyone have a photo of what these look like. Are they anything like the 2006 sport seats?
The 2005 Aero seats look exactly the same except for without the contrast stitching and without the two-tone inserts...

I'll call and see if they are the right color and ask for some photos.
Cheers for that!

#11 ·
I have upgraded my seats in my 2000 LPT to Aero seats out of a 2003 Aero. It's a very easy job and they bolt right up.

Upgrading to ventilated seats with a car that was not originally equipped has proven to be very very challenging. i haven't done this in my car, but attempted it in my fathers and still haven't worked out the kinks.

If you want a cheap alternative to upgrading the entire seat you CAN just swap out the seat pan VERY SIMPLY.
The entire seat pan (leather, cushion, sheet metal frame) is held onto the seat frame by 4 torx screws. Two are large and located at the front and two are very small and located behind covers on either side by the female seat belt buckle and the other side. You'll merely have to remove the seat locate these screws and swap it out. For someone who has done it before it should literally take 20-30 min. And any OG 9-5 and OG 9-3 seat pan will work. It's a quick easy way to make a sacked out seat like new.

#12 · (Edited)
I have photos of the 2005 seats. The shipping is too high. These are in Wisconsin if anyone is looking to upgrade. The price was actually $600 for the front and rear set.

I'm looking for something closer to home.

Jwells - Thanks for the tip on the seat bottom. Is there a trick for the back as well?

#13 ·
Well the backs are a bit more involved. If I was planning on swapping out the back I'd just replace the whole seat at that point. The thing you have to watch out for is the connection for the in seat air bag. This must be connected properly otherwise you'll get an airbag light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.