SaabCentral Forums banner

Integrated bluetooth solution

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  j006 
#1 ·
For a while now I've been wanting to add bluetooth, both for voice calls and for streaming music from my phone. The requirements are that I want no wires showing at all and I want a control panel that doesn't look out of place in our interiors. I could just do a whole new head unit that includes bluetooth, but honestly I have yet to find one that fits in with our simple yet functional interior. The integrated bluetooth setups that I've found from parrot are nice but they still look like a "add on" which I hate. I came across this product and I know nothing about them but I think I'm gonna try this out. It's the cleanest install I've found thus far. It fits it in the cigarette lighter housing! Amazing!

Official Website info - 2nd one down obviously

Found it for $99!! :D

See less See more
#7 ·
Is there some way it gets around the telephone input in our heads being mono sound only? Looks like a great CLEAN install for telephone but it would be amazing if we could stream Music Via A2DP Bluetooth on our phones!
75% of why I want to install something like this is for A2DP music streaming via my phone, and this unit supports it. You have a good point though about the mono, and one I didn't think about. My phone supports stereo bluetooth streaming, but honestly I'm not sure if the unit does. Even if it does, the input to the receiver is still mono since it's thru the telephone input huh...Still, it's not a deal breaker for me...

Stipud can you chime in here to give us some feedback with this?

Cheers!

#8 ·
Can someone remind me again concerning the interior light unit. Which is the mic and which is the temp sensor? I've had my light unit down the aft, and noticed what looks to be a microphone connection in the "grilled" area in the interior light. Is this connected to anything????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.