SaabCentral Forums banner

Installing an H7 Projector kit on a 01 Aero in stock lighting housing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  unpunkrock 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone purchased those universal H7 Xenon projector kits off ebay?

Im looking for something to retrofit into my 01 aero headlight housing for both xenon lighting and projector lenses.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi there.

If you're going HID and care about glare/beam pattern as you seem to by wanting to opt for projectors, go for H7R HID kits. They have high temp tape around the glare areas of the bulb, thus producing a much better beam pattern.

I say this as you won't be able to put projectors into the headlights. The lenses have chuting (is that how you spell chuting? been in uni for 11 hours today, brain is mush) on them that is impossible to get off. The ecode lenses genuinesaab sell still have this chuting. The chuting improves the beam for unprojected (can't even remember the name for headlamps just now) headlights, but could potentially cause a scatter beam when used in conjunction with projectors.

Get someone to make new lenses you say! Bucks, i say. Not economically viable for what it is worth.

Swap to later model headlights i hear you say! Nope, i say. You can't put in the later model headlights without fully facelifting your front end, big, big bucks!

Get H7Rs, stick to 35W and not 50W HIDs, and stick to an OEM colour either 4300k or 6000k, and be happy with it. Best advice i can offer you dude. The HIDs plug in really simply, you just need to cut a 1" hole in the back of each dipped beam headlight cover.

Btw, you come from a lovely part of the world. Was there this summer. :)

Cheers

Tom

#3 ·
Installing H7 in an 01 Aero.

Hello,

Summer was perfect beach was excelent.

My initial thought it to retro fit in some projector lenses into the stock light housing since I have a glass lens I would need to order plastic ones to handle the heat of the HID's.

I want to put in 12k for the low beam and 30k blue for the high beam. can i simple drill a hold in the plastic screw on cap fish the HID wiring through and plug and play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.