SaabCentral Forums banner

Aero Straight Pipes

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mbachand05 
#1 ·
I can't find the thread.. but someone was asking what is a good way to do a cheap cat back. A few people had suggested just swapping the muffler and resonator with straight pipe.... but he wanted to know what it would sound like.

I made a ride-a-long video today with my camera duct taped to my bumper (lol) so whoever it was can hear the sound...and also how it looks under the car. The sound recorded kind of high pitched and annoying and didn't capture the low tone of it very well. I think it sounds more like a small v8 in person.. kinda sounds srt4ish in the video.. but in person it's pretty good.

Anyway I have an auto aero, so I left it in first at low speed to try and get a full range of sound.

Enjoy

Comments are appreciated (please be mature and tasteful if they are negative :nono;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyd0zg2ceFo

#2 ·
#7 ·
I think a less restrictive cat would improve spool up, go for it ;)

#9 ·
I ran basically with straight pipes for a while (but it was cut off around my feet). Just was in the middle of building my new exhaust and the stock one was completely trashed anyways. I really liked the sound of it but I just wished I could have turned it down at times (like when there was a cop next to me). Also, it added a ton of vibration in the car. Just got my new 3" cat-back on earlier. No resonator and a Dynomax muffler. Can't really test it out yet as far as performance because I blew a coolant hose yesterday and have a temporary rigged fix while I am waiting for a new one to come in. From what I can tell though, it's just louder than stock. Hope to have a video up soon. My prediction - In about 2-3 months you'll stick a muffler on it because of some annoying vibration issues.

#13 ·
That sounds really good dude! I'll be honest, i was expecting it to sound like ****, but i actually think that sounds great. A 3" DP and race cat would be the icing on the cake for a deeper rumble, and more popping on overrun :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.