SaabCentral Forums banner

9-5 Aero 2001 stage 3 BSR lacking power

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vagrantradio 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

I have done the "Bolt mod" to the evap system without any luck. Tried changing the BOV to a Forge with yellow spring - still no luck.

The built-in boost gauge never goes in the red. I cant remember if it did at the start of my stage 3 tuning, but it has lost a lot of power since then.

I have tried unplugging the intake hose just before the aluminium intake pipe in to the turbo, and unplug it just before the bov. Plug one end and blow air in to the pipe to see if there was a boost leak, but i couldn't hear or feel any.

Any good advice? It has a full 3" BSR exhaust, JR filter and stage 3 BSR remap.

#2 ·
It will probably be one of two other things at this point:

either your boost control valve has gone bad altogether, or you have a vacuum leak somewhere. The BCV is a pretty cheap part, you can find it online for approx. 30-40USD. Make sure and check all of your vacuum connections as well.

#5 ·
Try replacing the MAF if you have a buddy with one and try that. There is a hose hidden under the cover of the oil cap next to the throttle body, check to make sure its hooked up. Mine came off for some reason and the car ran with low boost and turbo gauge never got to the red. Since I plugged it back, it was like day and night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.