SaabCentral Forums banner

2002 9-5 Wagon Suspension Options

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ort111 
#1 ·
Hi,
Haven't been able to find this info, so does anyone know what parts from a 2001 suspension kit, such as this: http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_51&products_id=359

Would NOT fit on a 2002 car?

I understand the sway bars to work across years and the dampers do not? What about the springs? And what is different about the dampers? Are they simply damping and spring rate changes or actual mounting difference?

Thanks,

#3 ·
Yeah, it's a bit confusing since i originally found the kit on eEuroparts, who offers a kit for the wagon specifically and indicated they are Aero Parts.

Then i realized it seems to be made by GenuineSaab. I tried getting info from eEuroparts but it was difficult to get any useful info. I guess I should contact Genuine Saab this week.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I believe the difference is front struts

I believe the mounting points for the sway bar links on the front struts changed with the new front suspension in 2002.

I ordered the Aero kit for my base level 2000 sedan from eEuro. It appears they build the kit themselves from their vast assortment of Saab suspension parts. They should be able to assemble a kit for your 2002 wagon.

#6 ·
I emailed back and forth with a guy named Dean at eEuroparts for half a day and painful was the only way i could describe the conversation. It were as if he absolutely refused to give me a full answer on anything, and he would forget that i was asking about "wagon" and "2002."

He started by telling me that there was no kit for the 2002 and i was never able to get part specific information, other than that the rear sway bars are interchangeable and that the springs are different part numbers. (no word on spring interchangeability).

#7 ·
Two kits available depending on chassis code

Article : Sports chassis
PartNo : 400 130 837
Usage : 2002-2005, 5D
For cars with MacPherson strut code 4 or 8. The code is on the VIN plate. For explanation, see Help, Help topics, VIN code, VIN plate.
Not for cars with levelling kit.
Order Quantity : 1

Article : Sports chassis
PartNo : 400 130 845
Usage : 2002-2005, 5D
For cars with MacPherson strut code 5 or 9. The code is on the VIN plate. For explanation, see Help, Help topics, VIN code, VIN plate.
Not for cars with levelling kit.
Order Quantity : 1

The strut code is the fifth digit from left (second from right) of the six codes embossed in the lower block of the VIN plate riveted to the driver's side front fender under the hood. With the correct P/N from above the sales person at eEuro should be able to find your correct kit with no difficulty.

#9 ·
FYI, I decided to move forward with some upgrades on my 2002 wagon. This is actually my g/f's car and we decided we didn't want to lower it but wanted a more confident feeling in the suspension. It also has a problem with sag when we put anything in the rear.

I orderd a set of sway bars from Genuine Saab as well as the Yellow adjustable Koni's for stock ride height. (i have good experience with the Koni's on other cars and I think the sways will really help give it a more planted feeling. Also I'm rpetty sure the stock dampers were shot). I'm going to keep the stock springs and add some spacers in the rear to pre-load them.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.