Anyone for some LOLs? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone for some LOLs?

SwimDude0614
24th October 2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1343889-need-help-guys.html

1) I'm so glad the guys here aren't as rude as the guys on LS1tech
2) But holy begeezus he deserved it

sankuspr
24th October 2010, 05:11 PM
Hooolllyyy F****ck!

J-Rod
24th October 2010, 05:26 PM
heh jus didnt no wht tha hec ta do ya know? :lol: kuz hiss car not runin rite ya know? he jus want mor hp ya know?

I do feel a little sorry for the guy though (if he's for real)....Either he's a major troll or Honda's don't use oil.

stew81
24th October 2010, 05:27 PM
im calling troll on that guy.

i mean seriously, no one is that thick! are they?:o

thestig99
24th October 2010, 05:33 PM
It just don't purr right ya know?

Ya know?

Ya know?

Ya know?

Ya know?

Ya know?

Ya know?
Ya know?
Ya know?

Do work myself so it's done right Ya know?

Ya know?

boon94
24th October 2010, 06:00 PM
(if he's for real)...

Hes pretty good if hes faking :lol:

I dont think I could be that consistent with the grammar and style of his typing

Cuba
24th October 2010, 06:03 PM
hehe:)

and im not cartardedd, but damn why do car have so many fluids ya know? fukin confusing. they need just like engine fluid and radiator fluid.

J-Rod
24th October 2010, 06:05 PM
Hes pretty good if hes faking :lol:

I dont think I could be that consistent with the grammar and style of his typing
Good point, and I just realized that there are 19 pages....:o Looks like I'm going to be reading for a while....:lol: I wanna see how it turns out! It's like a book at this point, you just have to finish it! :lol:

SwimDude0614
24th October 2010, 06:09 PM
Good point, and I just realized that there are 19 pages....:o Looks like I'm going to be reading for a while....:lol: I wanna see how it turns out! It's like a book at this point, you just have to finish it! :lol:

it got boring after page 10ish i think. at some point, the OP leaves... then its just dumb.

however, he does post a picture of his car with his screenname written on a piece of paper next to it.... so i'm thinking he's actually real. :roll: :cry:

J-Rod
24th October 2010, 06:35 PM
it got boring after page 10ish i think. at some point, the OP leaves... then its just dumb.

however, he does post a picture of his car with his screenname written on a piece of paper next to it.... so i'm thinking he's actually real. :roll: :cry:
Currently on page 11...and yeah, it gets a bit boring.

saabhutter
24th October 2010, 06:40 PM
Haha this is fake. There was another thread like this on a Kawasaki forum (or some other bike) where a guy dumped in what he thought was NOS additive in his fuel tank but it turned out to be NOS energy drink. It was hilarious but untrue.

valbowski1980
24th October 2010, 06:52 PM
It has to be fake... Nobody is that dumb? Then again.......

Pretty funny all the same though :lol:

Cuba
24th October 2010, 06:53 PM
Haha this is fake. There was another thread like this on a Kawasaki forum (or some other bike) where a guy dumped in what he thought was NOS additive in his fuel tank but it turned out to be NOS energy drink. It was hilarious but untrue.

Yeah, the same as the one where the guy drains his oil then fills it with the garden hose, runs it a bit to clean it out.

cjhutch
24th October 2010, 07:01 PM
im calling troll on that guy.

i mean seriously, no one is that thick! are they?:o

Troll for sure, and the members there fell for it hard. A guy I used to work with always joked about becoming a professional internet troll. He was pretty good at it as well. The guy posting is alright, but his setup was too simple. I wouldn't be surprised if many forums start doing this on purpose to boost the number of hits they get and help them make more money through the Google AdSense program. Create a post like that and link it and you will have people from all different kinds of forums and blogs visiting your site.

TunnanXWD
24th October 2010, 07:59 PM
Hey! The guy that posted on the 900 forum a few days ago got a few going. Some things didn't add from jump but your nature is to try to help.

I never did quite fall for his stuff and eventually hit the .. :roll:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz key :cheesy::cheesy:

The LS thing was a hoot. :cool:

I used to post a lot on a pretty serious ski forum and we were older and mostly straight up. There was another "rad-noo-skool" forum and the guys were soooooo stupid. They did not PM much and never figured there would be "cross posters", but would say ... "Let's go mess with the guys on Epic" ... like we didn't know. Then you play them while they think they are playing you.

SaabKen
24th October 2010, 08:34 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I call that story red bull ;)

SaabKen
24th October 2010, 08:36 PM
Nobody is that dumb? Then again.......

........ then again see what happens when you do this search in Google Images (http://www.google.ca/images?q=redneck&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=544)

WhiteT5
24th October 2010, 08:44 PM
It has to be fake... Nobody is that dumb? Then again.......

Pretty funny all the same though :lol:
I'm sure that a shocking portion of the population is that dumb when it comes to cars. However, most of them are smart enough to not attempt to work on their own cars.

Kandiru
24th October 2010, 09:26 PM
WALMART did it to our Mitsubishi truck too. High school dropout drains AT, the pours oil, reports to GED supervisor who tells him "just grab some tranny fluid off the shelves and fill 'er up". The morons put regular tranny ffluid when high friction high temp synthetic was required, almost toasted the transmission.http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Oh BTW, some refreshing statistics, less than 10% of Camaro/Firebird drivers hold a college degree:)

TunnanXWD
24th October 2010, 09:50 PM
I know a guy who was out in the middle of nowhere and poured all his oil into the top of the engine. Then when he fell on his adz slipping in the oil he realized he forgot to put the oil plug in the pan.

bazwold
25th October 2010, 06:26 AM
Fake i reckon, he seemed to mention some stuff about engines then made out he didnt know about engine oils and gearbox oil?
I think he also steered his posts depending on the answers and replies that he got, hes the one taking the p out of them. Probably be proved wrong now:D

Many years ago an ex girlfriend was selling her car (Renault 5) and had a buyer coming that day. She wanted me to do a quick oil change before they arrived.
Not being that well up on mechanics yet I got underneath and took out the "sump;) " plug , drained and refilled.
Only problem was I had drained the gearbox.
So we had no oil in the g/box and twice the amount in the engine, shes in tears ,and Im getting in the ear from her.
You live and learn;oops:

boxman
25th October 2010, 09:32 AM
........ then again see what happens when you do this search in Google Images (http://www.google.ca/images?q=redneck&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=544)

I bet topgear had something to do with this :roll:
http://schlicken.blogsome.com/images/redneck_limo.jpg

sailorcolin
25th October 2010, 10:17 AM
made my day

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1343889-need-help-guys.html

1) I'm so glad the guys here aren't as rude as the guys on LS1tech
2) But holy begeezus he deserved it

Cuba
25th October 2010, 03:47 PM
Oh BTW, some refreshing statistics, less than 10% of Camaro/Firebird drivers hold a college degree:)

I know a Dr. with a Camaro. To be honest though, he wouldn't know the first thing about engines and he is kind of a moron. :)

SwimDude0614
5th November 2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2010/top-2010-Toyota-Prius-C-and-A-Custom-Concept.htm

:D

cjhutch
5th November 2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2010/top-2010-Toyota-Prius-C-and-A-Custom-Concept.htm

:D

Totally useless. Just wait until aero rings become "JDM tyte." You will see every Honda on the road with these things on their Rota knockoffs.

lexington01
5th November 2010, 06:14 PM

My last car was a Firebird and I have an MBA. Yea 10%!!

EDIT: that has to be a troll. Did you notice this statement?
"i think imma try and take my shifter off. it shouldnt be that hardd. like u said, just pop off my shifterknob and shifter skirt and pry off the metal piece of top and stick a funne into tha hole right?"

wrestrepo
5th November 2010, 06:55 PM
favorite new word "cartarded"
requesting permission from the mods to use it on this board (should someone earn the privilege of being called one) :)

Chris 9-5
5th November 2010, 07:01 PM
favorite new word "cartarded"
requesting permission from the mods to use it on this board (should someone earn the privilege of being called one) :)

Nope, as I presume it derives from "retard" which is a terrible way to describe someone who is mentally challenged :nono;

wrestrepo
5th November 2010, 07:27 PM
boy, I don't know what I like better, the OP or to see how the thread derails into a fight over how fast can a car do the 1/4 mile...

SwimDude0614
14th November 2010, 11:15 PM
And part of the reason I love the Saab community:

http://xkcd.com/810/

kimvette
15th November 2010, 02:47 AM
Hai guyz i wanna maek mai saaab purr bettr lolz!!!!!!

saabchilten
15th November 2010, 03:19 AM
and all the studying i did for calculus today went out the window with that thread!:o i feel so much stupider now.

in cars with a manual transmission - Clutch Fluid - usually DOT3 or DOT4
wait, WHAT? what is clutch fluid? i'm quite sure no american production car - especially and muscle car - uses a wet clutch.

SwimDude0614
15th November 2010, 11:10 AM
and all the studying i did for calculus today went out the window with that thread!:o i feel so much stupider now.

wait, WHAT? what is clutch fluid? i'm quite sure no american production car - especially and muscle car - uses a wet clutch.

Of all people, i thought you'd be the one to read the XKCD comic I just posted. Not that the LS1 guy wasn't hilarious as well lol

MKB707
15th November 2010, 04:01 PM

I know my BMW uses a hydraulic clutch which is a part of the braking system (don't know if that is the right way to phrase it) but it operates from the brake fluid. I am not sure but I would think that is what they are talking about.

saabchilten
15th November 2010, 04:49 PM
Of all people, i thought you'd be the one to read the XKCD comic I just posted. Not that the LS1 guy wasn't hilarious as well lol
of course i read it. just not last night.

jglavin
17th November 2010, 11:09 AM
hehe:)

"and im not cartardedd, but damn why do car have so many fluids ya know? fukin confusing. they need just like engine fluid and radiator fluid. "Heck, air cool that sum'bi*** and you only need one fluid! :D

MacNoob
17th November 2010, 12:42 PM
I know my BMW uses a hydraulic clutch which is a part of the braking system (don't know if that is the right way to phrase it) but it operates from the brake fluid. I am not sure but I would think that is what they are talking about.

saab 9000 works the same way. I'm assuming my 2005 9-5 does too.

boon94
17th November 2010, 01:00 PM

Ummm hydraulic clutches, very common, require clutch fluid... The saab 9000 uses DOT 4 (clutch fluid shares same reservoir as the brakes). :cheesy: