SaabCentral Forums banner

why did saab choose to use a V6 in their arc?

993 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  cash2490 
#1 ·
why did saab choose to use a V6 in their arc?

#5 ·
I've been getting about 18-23 mpg but i only drive though suburban areas no highway so its allot like city driving... though on highways i've actually been doing quite well i get about 30-33 mpg.... though it's still pretty hot over here in md i imagine when it cools it will get a bit worst

#6 ·
That's not too bad. I do wish it was a little better too, but, eh, it is what is. I still love the car. :D Better than a few of our other cars.

#8 ·
Hate to say it, but always run premium in it, even though it costs more. I always run premium. Only 93 here though. You could probably get away with midgrade though, because it sounds like your midgrade would be my premium. :lol: just anything over 90 octane would be fine.

#9 ·
the car is 7 years old and i rather not risk it... but ya our plus is 91-93 oct. though the majority of the cars in my area use premium i feel i see allot of luxury cars... it is not too uncommon to be surrounded by Bentleys... or R8's. which is one of the reasons I like my saab it's supper easy to find in the parking garage, though there are allot of 93's in this area i parked next to 3 other black saabs the other day i thought about taking a photo but figured ehh people already make fun of me and my love of my car.

#10 ·
If you're in the right part of town here, you see a few Bentleys, R8's, GT3's, Maserattis, AMG's, and whatnot a week. Some Ferrari's and Lamborghini's too. Most people have E-Classes and LS's. (We have a massive Lexus dealer) In those same parts of town, there a quite a few Saab's, but still not as much as Mercs or Lexus'. I love taking pics of my car with other Saab's. :cheesy:

Mine is the sedan.

#12 ·
your car has 217 hp while ours only has 200 hp that power meant that even though the 9-5 moved to a 4 cylinder there was no mpg improvement between the 2003 and 2004 arc. though as for your speedometer it probably has to do with the wheels, did you put larger wheels on your car? or it could just need a simple tune up, or your gps could be slightly off...

#13 ·
The speedometer is normal, from what I understand. There was a thread about this awhile ago and they all said it was normal. My speedo is the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.