SaabCentral Forums banner

Quick bit of scotch bright

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  thinkglad 
#1 ·
So I found some soctchbright in my house today and decided to try and clean up my tired engine. Spent about 15 minutes.. really fast job just to see if it would work. I'll probably go back and spend an hour or so doing a good job at some point.. but here is a quick result. It's hard to see in the pictures, but in person it's a HUGE difference. Maybe I'll get in there with the dremel at some point too and really give it a go.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Before

After

See less See more
#3 ·
It would have been smarter to just have my car vac on while I was doing it, but I used a spray bottle with water and a rag to wipe away the dust when I was done... there was A LOT OF it. Oh.. and I found some black heat paint so i painted the SAAB on the engine block... which is why that obviously looks black heh.

#4 ·
That looks extremely nice, as does the rest of your car. I personally think you should have painted the lettering red to go along with the rest of your theme in your engine (and then maybe get some red silicone vacuum tubing) but it still looks nice and far better than how it was.

#5 ·
Hey thanks a lot I appreciate it. I will probably do the letters red eventually. They were just rusty looking and looked bad, so I just used what I had left. The engine mount piece on the side and the metal line above it look 10x better than they did before. I'll have to wait for a nice day and really give it a good clean.

#7 ·
While you're scotch-brightening things....:D what about the interior chrome door handles? I hear it makes a nice difference. I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking about it. Supposedly gives it a brushed aluminum look. Mine are pretty scratched as it is, so I might try it. Anyone ever done it?

#14 ·
That looks really good! Did you take them out, or do it in the car? And I like how the "grain" is going the same way. Did you go in circles or in a sweeping motion?

#17 ·
If you rub the paint off your bonnet (hood) you can get the same effect :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.