SaabCentral Forums banner

ECU Programming

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  imdunne8 
#1 ·
So I have a choice between a BSR Stage 2 Upgrade or a SQR Stage 2 Upgrade. Which would be the better upgrade to go for? Are they essentially the same upgrade but different companies? I know for the SQR upgrade, it comes with a 3" Exhaust Turbo Back which comes out to around 270 hp---but the BSR comes with its own exhaust and is tuned at 273 hp. Hmmm :confused:

#2 ·
Can't say I'm an expert when it comes to tuning, but I do have a pretty good idea of what comes with the various stages and about reputable tuning companies. That being said, this is the first time I have heard of SQR and it took me a bit of searching to find their tuning services. Reading up on the SQR from here, I don't believe it actually comes with a turbo back exhaust... it's just saying that it is required (maybe you're buying from somewhere else though). It also says that an open air intake is required. From what I know, a) stock airbox is good to about 300bhp, so you wouldn't need to upgrade it, and b)Stage 2 doesn't require a turbo back exhaust, just a cat-back sports/free flowing exhaust. Because of this, the SQR tuning bothers me a bit.

In my opinion, here's what you're far better off doing - Forget either BSR or SQR, go to GenuineSaab.com and check out the Nordic section. You can send in your ECU and get a Stage 1 tune that's 265hp for $500. If you're stage 1 now, then maybe this isn't what you want to do but if you're stock then I think you would like this tune and I doubt you would miss the extra 5-8hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.