SaabCentral Forums banner

Installing a performance air filter?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  y3r0k 
#1 ·
Hello all I am new to the forums and have been searching here for a bit trying to find a how to on replace the stock air filter with a K&N or similar cone style air filter. also I am Interested in doing some modifications to my 95 I have about 500 to spend What would my money best be spent on in order to get more power?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
To be honest, the filter isn't going to give you any more power. You'll just hear your turbo spool up louder. Stock air intake setup is good to 300+HP. If you want to spend your money on something more useful, you would be FAR better off finding a junkyard or ebay Aero ECU and having it married to your car at a dealer/independent mechanic. You'll get another 40bhp and I believe you can get it all done for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-150 (I just have no idea what the dealer/indy would charge for this). Other than that, you could always pay for a tune but it is a bit out of your budget.

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for the info guys, this will still work with a cone filter right? and also The aero Ecu is interesting to me, if i were to get one and have some one install it in my car and i find its robbing performance could i just reinstall the old ecu or would i have to have it reprogrammed? Also Does the metal Adapter come with all K&N filters or do i have to buy that seperately?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.