SaabCentral Forums banner

Let me see if i understand this.

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  SaabNineThree 
#1 ·
Our 9-5's have td04 flange on the manifold, if we want to run ie a t28 we would need a t25 flange soooo a manifold from the old GM 900's with t25's would bolt up and fit correctly?

#2 ·
should do..

remember though its a saab td04 flange we have, a td04 is the turbo, not the flange. i know you know that but other people may read it and start asking agaaaaain will an impreza or evo td04 fit. can't remember the exact name of our type of flange.

and also if you're thinking of a t28 or gt28 will you be forging your pistons then? you'll need siemens deka injectors, cutom downpipe, turbo itself, forged pistons, uprated clutch, and a remap if you're not on ecu project - on top of what you already have. money, money, money, its so funny...

#3 ·
Yes but you need to clock the exhaust housing to line it up right.

The T25 is almost the same as the TD04 output, you won't get much more out of it than that.

You can upgrade both sides to the T28 wheels and you will get a small frame GT28, ( 6cm2 IIRC)

Or you can add T-19 wheel(s) to a TD04, its cheaper and id you use a 9000 TD04 housing its 6cm2 they put out about equal power but the TD04 is cheaper to mod again from what I remember.
should do..

remember though its a saab td04 flange we have, a td04 is the turbo, not the flange. i know you know that but other people may read it and start asking agaaaaain will an impreza or evo td04 fit. can't remember the exact name of our type of flange.

and also if you're thinking of a t28 or gt28 will you be forging your pistons then? you'll need siemens deka injectors, cutom downpipe, turbo itself, forged pistons, uprated clutch, and a remap if you're not on ecu project - on top of what you already have. money, money, money, its so funny...
Naw with a proper running tune and good gas this will be just about 320BHP, only 10 more than the Hirsch (309) is (Hirsch also uses a T25) The bottem end can handle around 300-330 running properly , I think chris's car is set up at aroudn 330 with stock pistons IIRC

And of course you need a Dpwnpipe.

You can keep the injectors and all the same just be sure to check to see how its running ( o2 and EGT) you may need some more fueling depending on how much boost you run if you push it all the way, but then a 3.5 FPR should do the trick ( again if you tune for it)

#4 ·
Cracking response Jssaab :cool:

#6 ·
Im running stock pistons but i was just wondering because i know with stage 3 the 15t is fairly stressed and most likely losing efficiency. im thinking whats a better rout t28 bb i think i can get for fairly cheap, i know a guy from a jdm import shop and hes got a few t28s from a black stop sr20det sitting around.

so all i need is this turbo and a manifold from a GM saab 900 and they will all bolt up correct?

#7 ·
No your car will have a T25 flange, ( even on the TD04 turbo) It will bolt up. what I am saying is a stock t25 is the same as a TD04 15T with the 5cm2 housing, the maps are almost exactly the same.

You will need to rebuild it with T28 wheels and re-clock it, or you are not gong to see any difference.

I am running the T25 wth T28 wheels on both sides on my 2000 and it supports 280-290 WHP , but as I was saying, so does a TD04 19T 5cm2 If the Mitsu has the 6cm2 housing form a 9000, it may be a little better than the "Big T28" (what they call a T25 with the 28 wheels)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.