SaabCentral Forums banner

Need help installing HID's in fog lights

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mgmt585 
#1 ·
I own a 2000 9-5 Aero that I am trying to install a HID kit in the fog lights. I have already installed my HID kit to my headlights and didn't have a problem. I have tested the set I am trying to install in my fog lights and they work fine, but when I plug the HID kit into my fog light wiring they don't turn on. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Won't manage what? I have HID's installed in my fogs and the base of the bulb is EXACTLY like the factory filament bulb. In fact the bulbs have a better silicone gasket than the regular bulb. It was painless to install save for when I first connected them one side wouldn't fire. I had to reverse the way the harness was plugged into the ballast and they've been fine ever since. $70 for the whole bit of kit and I couldn't be happier.

Cheers

#6 ·
don't know about your facelifted saab mate, but this guy has a 2000, pre facelift model, as i did. with them the bulb holder has the plug in it, there are no covers as with the headlights. so that holder/plug is turned 90° to click it into place.

#7 ·
hey j006, thats a nice upgrade you've got with the 2004 aero front bumper. I understand the pre facelifted models dont have the physical capacity for HIDs in the foglights, but what about the facelift that occured from 2002-2005 for the arc and linear models? Does anyone know my bumper from a 2002 arc would allow for HID foglights?

#8 ·
hey j006, thats a nice upgrade you've got with the 2004 aero front bumper.
Thanks! That's the best upgrade I've done and it's actually a straightforward swap for the facelifted models! :cheesy:

mgmt585 said:
don't know about your facelifted saab mate, but this guy has a 2000, pre facelift model, as i did. with them the bulb holder has the plug in it, there are no covers as with the headlights. so that holder/plug is turned 90° to click it into place.
I understand the pre facelifted models dont have the physical capacity for HIDs in the foglights, but ...what about the facelift that occured from 2002-2005 for the arc and linear models? Does anyone know my bumper from a 2002 arc would allow for HID foglights?
I owned a 2001 and I remember what you are talking about now. Unfortunately I believe they used the same fog-light housing and bulb setup for the 2002-2005 (non-Aero models) as well...The HID kit CAN actually be installed, but it's not plug and play with our SAABs :cry: I took some time and searched tho and some jags have the same setup. Here's a how-to if anybody is feeling up to it!
http://goo.gl/6B1n

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.