SaabCentral Forums banner

HID install

816 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  allturbo98 
#1 ·
Can someone please post some pictures on their HID setup on a 9-5 and how they installed the HID conversion kit. I just recently received mine and just want to make sure everything is install correctly and not get the flickering lights or any codes. Im stationed in Italy and I cant just go to a dealer to get help so I am hoping someone here can help. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I did this to my 95' GM900, simply followed the wiring instructions with no problems, the only issue was the sid posted a headlight out code you would have to push the clear button. The reason for this is the HID's pull less current and the diagnostics in the car think the headlight is burnt out.

#5 ·
Does anyone have a picture of what fuse I need to remove or do something to to stop the flickering of the lights when turned off. I thought it was the day time running lights in the fuse box inside the drivers door panel. I dont have the DRL fuse in and I still have the flickering lights. Someone please help.

#8 ·
Thread here:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163038

Just read the first 20 posts, I think post 17 has a pic of the relay with the tab taped over.

AAAH!! We are back in business!! HELLS YEAH! Thank you SOOOO much likestosaab! I put a piece of electrical tape over the contact on the dippbed beam relay and they turn on and off perfectly! I really just put the electrical tape on to make sure it would work before I tried cutting the wire or mutilating the end of it in the relay box. Works for now, so I may as well keep it there. Worst case scenario it rubs through. Meh. Thank you again I really appreciate it! Now I have to aim them down a bit so I don't offend oncoming traffic too too badly. I am blinded by every other car on the road with Xenons and the proper projector beam setup so I may as well get 'em back, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.