SaabCentral Forums banner

01 9-5 Aero Stage 3 - Failed Emmision Test

2K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Jake Ok 
#1 · (Edited)
01 9-5 Aero Wagon stage 3.
Nordic ECU, 3.5 Bar fuel regulator
3" DP with race cat. K&N Filter and running 94 octane

Running rich at 2500rpm and fail emissions. Miss firing in 2 cyl.
Changed new plugs and coils and still having the same problems.

Cars runs amazing with no boost problems or check engine light.

Any useful feedback will be appreciated. Fustrated :x

#19 ·
I have had Abbott race cats on my last three 9-5's all have passed their emmissions test each year and that goes back about 10 years.

#23 ·
Went to get my second test and passed. I unhooked the battery for about 1/2 hr to reset the ECU and drove the car till it was HOT. That having said, it is still miss firing and the next step is to test the MAF and leaks.

FYI: Cat is fine and the Plugs and Coils are not the problem.

#27 ·
As u found out...if race cat dont pass the emission test...take the car for a spinn...get the cat up to normal working temp by driving the car for 10-15 minutes...usually pass the emission test when they test it after u have driven the car a few miles.its a known emission test "trick" on the swedish saab turbo club forum.

#28 ·
As u found out...if race cat dont pass the emission test...take the car for a spinn...get the cat up to normal working temp by driving the car for 10-15 minutes...usually pass the emission test when they test it after u have driven the car a few miles.its a known emission test "trick" on the swedish saab turbo club forum.

Yeh...I did that the first time too but fail the test, thanks for the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.