SaabCentral Forums banner

More Plast-Dipping

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  sobstory95 
#1 · (Edited)
My friend just helped me out plati-dipping the front chrome pieces on MY07. I will have pictures up soon. The Yellow turning lights stand out a bit much, going to get them smoked or tinted, instead of buying those euro lights.

See less See more
#14 ·
Looks good but I would like to see how long it sticks for. Most chrome pieces from my experience in the past need something to help the paint stick. Either roughing it up with wet sand paper or putting primer on it.

But great job and I hope it last for you. Also like someone else said I wouldn't touch the mirrors.

#16 · (Edited)
Not trying to thread jack, but just showing what can happen to your 06+ 9-5 trim. Which is why I am so intrigued by this mod.

Sorry about the bad pick, but you can see the bubbling that I got going on the passenger side trim.

Still waiting to see if the Original poster painted parts while they were still on the car or if he took them all off?

#19 · (Edited)
Hi.

Do you guys know of a good onlineshop where I can order the yellow turnlights like on the pictures above? (SAAB original only) I have the European standard grey ones fitted today and those yellow ones is hard to get a hold of over here.

Or do one of you actually have a spare pair laying around that you would sell to me? =) I need it to be shipped to Stockholm though...

nice plati-dipping of the front chrome btw. My 9-5 is black and I will repaint the chrome to a darker gray, almost like the color of your car. =)

Best regards
Fursten
From Stockholm in the saab country

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.