SaabCentral Forums banner

Blacked out grille.

8K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  SaabNineThree 
#1 ·

So far i have gotten mixed reviews my girl friend says it looks great, i also have my trunk spoiler painted black and black hood/trunk emblems on order

See less See more
#4 ·
Its lovely!

#11 · (Edited)
Cool. I just took my out, washed it, sanded it and spayed it down with 4 coats of some kind of black spray paint.
Hope that does the job. I can always repaint it with something better if I have to. :roll:

Where did you get the mesh for the grille?
I haven't decided if I want to keep the fins or not.

-edit

And I broke off the SAAB emblem in the center of my grille so I ordered a Euro Badge to cover it.
If I don't like it, I'll just find a new OEM emblem.

I'll put some pictures up when I'm done...for anyone who cares. :p

Thanks for the help NineThree.

-edit2

Alright, just put it in. Here is before, during and after:

#22 · (Edited)
I like a black grille on white, red, black, and silver (with black wheels) saabs. My aero is steele grey metallic with stock klingons, so I think a black grille would look out of place. What do you guys think of flat silver with no fins, no center bar, and the oem symbol on the mesh in the center?

#28 ·
If you guys want to paint your grille to match the car, most part stores will mix paint from your code and put it in a rattle can. It's not terribly expensive either.

Make sure you scuff it up real good, use a good primer and many coats with plenty of drying time in between.

P.S. now I'm starting to think I should paint my grille to match my wheels. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.