SaabCentral Forums banner

Help

650 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rishawn 
#1 ·
I have a Saab 95 2.0 station car from year 2000. when i bought her, the turbo had been changed! The former owner sent off for the standard low pressure turbo, instead he got an aero turbo. He went to a saab workshop an asked if it could be fitted without causing any problems, so the workshop planted the aero turbe and programmed a new chip so that the turbo would work ok. So instead of 150bhp she now had around 180bhp. MY big question is, what would happen if I was to fill her up with octane 99 or shell vpower?? I was told that it´s good to fill up with a higher octane say once a year to help CLEAN the engine????? Is this a load of crap talk or???

#2 ·
First welcome to Saabcentral!!!

Yeah the Shell V=power has some good additives keeps your injectors clean but you can just use Techron additive ( if its available ether) and your car will run better on higher octane, you ussually wil see better gas milage that makes up for the increase in cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.