SaabCentral Forums banner

Brembo Upgrade

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
Curious about a brake mod. I noticed that there is a Brembo brake kit for our cars, but it is only for the front. Has anyone done the front upgrade at all? I'm just wondering if there would be any interest in a full kit to mount all 4 calipers from a Mitsu Evo or a Subie STI? I've got an associate with a plasma cutting table for the brackets and my good friend works at a machine shop and could easily make me spacers. The kit could utilize the stock rotors. You can pick up the 4 calipers for 500 to 700 shipped and could have a nice full brembo upgrade. Sorry if the post is a little unorganized, but I'm just seeing if anyone at all would be interested if I had these brackets and spacers produced?

#3 ·
Yeah it would be for the stock rotors, that way it's easy for more people to use it. Plus there are plenty of nice aftermarket rotors in the stock size. For the brackets and spacers I'm planning on it costing 200 or less. I've got to talk to the guys who will be making the parts and see what the cost will be exactly.

#5 ·
Dont forget to factor on the cost of bigger wheels in some cases.

However if the calipers are not too huge and you mount them over the stock rotors you should be fine.

My 4 pot Brembos were custom mounted, way cheaper than a shop kit for the car and using factory discs does keep the costs down!

Biggest issue will be finding a decent supply of affordable bembo calipers I guess.

#6 ·
Yeah I'll be basing the kit off of the stock 17" wheels on my car. With the buying of the calipers, I will be leaving that up to the person buying the brackets. I will only supply the brackets which I can guarantee the quality of and let the customer make their own choices on the calipers. That way they can pick the color and the quality of their setup, and i won't have to guarantee used parts.

#7 ·
It would probably be worth you getting some public liability insurance, would hate to think what would happen if one bracket broke :eek:

#15 · (Edited)
Well if i can get this to work out it would be hopefully $200 for the set of all 4. Which in the end with the calipers, pads and lines would be $1000 or so for all 4 corners being upgraded. Not bad if you ask me ;ol;

I've got to do a little more research since my light business is taking up most of my free time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.