SaabCentral Forums banner

fuel pump options?

916 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 ·
today my fuel pump decided to quit. I called the local parts places and the earliest I can have one is in 2 days. So that got me wondering if a retrofit would be possible with a pump from a car that has parts more readily available. Walbro 5.0 mustang pump?

any info?

#3 ·
today my fuel pump decided to quit. I called the local parts places and the earliest I can have one is in 2 days. So that got me wondering if a retrofit would be possible with a pump from a car that has parts more readily available. Walbro 5.0 mustang pump?

any info?
The mustang pump has the proper center pick up and should mostly fit. you will need to eihter swap to a walbro connector or grind down the negative terminal with a dremmel the saab connector has a smaller size on one side so you don't mix them up ( i did the grinding, it took a few minutes with a small stone

I did this with a mustang 225 walbro, whcih requires more modification to the pump basket ( you need to remove the plastic guides in teh lower basket and cut up the top rubber gasket to fit the larger bore, pretty easy

Best way is to cut the brass nipple off and jsut put an inch of submersible fuel hosing one that end and the new pump nipple

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.