SaabCentral Forums banner

oil pressur gauge

747 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  CHIENDOG 
#1 ·
i just bought a oil pressur gauge and ask my tech he sayed that if i put the gauge the oil light gonna stay on ????

how to stop that light on ???

and where can i put the gaug ????

PS: bad english and i don'T want why ur not puting bosst gaug and does BLA BLA BLA BLA

#2 ·
Your mechanic is right in a way. First, you can buy an adapter to T off of the oil pressure switch, and the light would not stay on. Next, I doubt your mechanic has tried to put an oil pressure gauge on a 9-5... the switch is incredibly difficult to access as it is jammed in behind the starter on the back side of the engine. If you want to look into an easy way to add the gauge, look at these sandwich adapters as a convenient method of installation that you could possibly do yourself. When you actually get to the point that you need to mount the gauge, you can get a universal guage pod and mount it on your a-pillar.

#3 ·
Your mechanic is right in a way. First, you can buy an adapter to T off of the oil pressure switch, and the light would not stay on. Next, I doubt your mechanic has tried to put an oil pressure gauge on a 9-5... the switch is incredibly difficult to access as it is jammed in behind the starter on the back side of the engine. If you want to look into an easy way to add the gauge, look at these sandwich adapters as a convenient method of installation that you could possibly do yourself. When you actually get to the point that you need to mount the gauge, you can get a universal guage pod and mount it on your a-pillar.

ok thansk for the quick reply .

so where can i found the ( T ) that ur telling and if it to much of a probleme

can u give me the quick link for the 9-5 aero years 2000 manuel

on the link that u just give me it full of model and mm and all those crap help me LOLLL

#4 ·
As far as the filter sandwich goes, I got the 3/4 unf-16 (here) for my car and although I haven't installed it yet (guess I'm just lazy) I did fit a filter on it to make sure it was the right size, and the filter did fit.

The "T" I was talking about is here. It would go into where the oil pressure sender currently is, then you would connect both your oil pressure sending unit and the line for the pressure gauge to this as well.

If I were you, I would show both of these options to your mechanic if you trust him. One of the two will turn out to be cheaper mainly depending on his labor rate and how long he thinks it would take him to install the "T" piece. Overall, the T piece would be the best setup but the filter sandwich would be the easy way out. If you do decide to go with the "T" then also buy an OEM oil pressure sending unit and have your mechanic replace what's currently there, since it's something that does eventually fail and it's already out anyway.

#5 ·
As far as the filter sandwich goes, I got the 3/4 unf-16 (here) for my car and although I haven't installed it yet (guess I'm just lazy) I did fit a filter on it to make sure it was the right size, and the filter did fit.

The "T" I was talking about is here. It would go into where the oil pressure sender currently is, then you would connect both your oil pressure sending unit and the line for the pressure gauge to this as well.

If I were you, I would show both of these options to your mechanic if you trust him. One of the two will turn out to be cheaper mainly depending on his labor rate and how long he thinks it would take him to install the "T" piece. Overall, the T piece would be the best setup but the filter sandwich would be the easy way out. If you do decide to go with the "T" then also buy an OEM oil pressure sending unit and have your mechanic replace what's currently there, since it's something that does eventually fail and it's already out anyway.

wow thank u for all does quick and all well say :)

i gonna print the message that u jsut say and he gonna decide qitch one to do and the 1 that not cost me my 2 hand LOL

i gonna give u new monday on this so keep u in tuch thansk imdunne8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.