SaabCentral Forums banner

Service Theft Alarm/Engine Sludge

827 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nfusaf 
#1 ·
I thought I would combine questions.

I previously had the dying batteries in the Theft Alarm and replaced them. It works all good now that I replaced the 2 batteries on the circuit board. I want to know how to get the "Service Theft Alarm" out of my SID for good. It always comes back, maybe every few start ups it doesn't pop up, but it consistently comes up at every start up. Any ideas?

Also, anyone have the link to checking for the engine sludge issues? I want to check the lines and such this saturday.

#3 ·
I had BBA repair my alarm the service through ebay is $15 with free shipping. They will send you a shipping label one you buy it, if it isn't on ebay right now it should come up later. I haven't had a problem with my alarm since and the message on the SID has not come back.

#6 ·
Oh trust me, the batteries were going bad. When the batteries start to die the alarm will start sounding randomly when the car is locked up and anti-theft is armed. I replaced the batteries and I have yet to have the alarm go off unprovoked since the replacement. I'm fine with just pushing the clear alarm to clear the display each time I start up since no one has a fix that doesn't involve taking the car in for repairs or spending any more money than I already have. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.