SaabCentral Forums banner

3" Down Pipe V2 vs JT 3" Complete Exhaust

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  vagrantradio 
#1 ·
#2 ·
the taliaferro DP is ONLY a DP. you do not get the rest of the exhaust with it. The JT system comes with the rest of the exhaust, although lacks a catalytic converter- which you need to buy separately.

IMO the JT is a better value, although keep in mind it is NOT stainless steel and will rust if not kept very clean/salt free.

#3 ·
Ivan is correct. However, If you can afford to go with the 3" Taliaferro downpipe paired with the BSR cat-back, do so. It is a brilliant combo and will outlast the car.

The full JT system will work if you are on a budget, but it probably won't last more than 5 or 6 years if you live in an area where the roads are salted.

#4 ·
I knew the Down Pipe was just a Down Pipe but I was more so wondering if the Down Pipe came with the JT Exhaust System.

So frequent washing is suggested if I go with the JT package? Where I live right now it is near the ocean. And where I plan to live after my term of enlistment is up it snows a lot so the roads always have salt on them in the winter time.

Maybe there is a coating that can be applied to the exhaust package that helps with rust prevention?

Do the 2"-2.5" catalytic converters work or does it specifically have to be a 3" catalytic converter with the JT package?

#5 ·
The JT exhaust system is a full exhaust system, which includes the downpipe. The only thing it doesn't include is a catalytic converter. You would want to use a 3" cat if you purchased the JT system.

The company that makes POR-15 also makes a product called POR-20 that is designed to be applied to exhaust systems. If anything is going to prevent the system from rusting, it's this stuff. However, the system will still rust eventually. It will just take much longer and will rot from the inside out due to moisture sitting inside the exhaust system.

#9 ·
i would talk to someone with a little experience using the JT to see how it holds up. I dont see why it wouldnt last plenty long if it was sprayed down a few times during the winter just to remove salt.

#11 ·
Another issue beside the rust if memory serves me correctly is that the JT system comes with only one O2 sensor bung. The other one has to be added. Can anyone verify this? Also, Plasti-Kote makes a high heat primer & paint which you could use on the whole exhaust to slow down the rust problem.

#12 · (Edited)
I have the 3" JT system, it only comes with one bung. I had to add the other and a cut a piece out for the cat along with it. I've only had it on for about six months.
While It sounds damn mean, I must say that I'm a little concerned about the rusting as the front pipe is stainless and the rest of the kit is just carbon steel with aluminized coating. I live in Michigan, but I'll also be putting the car away for the winter.

Plus, I ordered the two muffler and got the one muffler because they didn't have the right one in stock at the time and didn't notify me before shipping it. So watch out for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.