For my 2006 9-5 Aero (260)

T7 3.5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator $52
S&B Drop-In Sport Filter $42
Nordic Stg1 Hp 270 and 295 FtLbs Software only $508
Forge Piston Diverter Valve $148.50

Total Cost
$751.00 (£490)

Looks good value , but a couple of questions

Will the software use these mods properly , There are several warnings about T7 3,5 Bar FPR's without modified software

Anybody recommend Nordic modules.

Many Thanks
Derek

#2 ·
waiting to read others more technical replys but I have to ask; almost a grand after tax etc for 10hp increase? (at least thats the software tune you have listed)

are the other items you have listed necessary for that 10hp or what is the relationship interaction between each of these items toward your goal?

what is your goal?

I don't know... even without looking any deeper into this that list just doesn't seem "matched". (although I may indeed be incorrect) seems most tuning lists recommended or required parts to achieve a goal that the computer tuning parameters are set for, anything else or less may be counterproductive or at a minimum unnecessary.

#3 ·
quick look at nordics website reveals the 3.5 bar regulator as being part of their stage 3 tune "package"... but not before then.

http://www.nordicuhr.se/main.php?tuning=9-5&sub_page=11

Stage 3 - 300hp 450Nm (332ft-lbs)

* 300hp and 420Nm (310ft-lbs) with auto gearbox

* Nordic ECU software

* 2,5" Stainless sports exhaust

* 4" Oval tailpipe

* 3" Stainless metallic race catalyst

* K&N cotton filter (replaces original filter)

* FPR 3.5 bar

so I am going out on a limb and assuming if you have an aftermarket exhaust (or will be installing one with the mods you listed) then perhaps getting the Nordic stage 3 tune software would be more appropriate.

and den... there are still plenty here that have strong opinions on tunes (brands) and parts required to achieve similar goals (300hp)

be pretty cool for those out there with experience on this to chime in. (although they already have)

now if you (we) could search for these previous posts that would be pretty special. (without using google or such that is)

#4 ·
Hi , Yes I have a custom 3 to 5 Inch Stainless exhaust system with a removable cat.

I am looking at the Nordic Kit , I have or can get the kit items or better for 1/2 of the Stage 3 kit from Nordic. I will buy the stage 3 ecu software only and fit my own items.

Kit Items

* 2,5" Stainless sports exhaust
* 4" Oval tailpipe
* 3" Stainless metallic race catalyst
* K&N cotton filter (replaces original filter)
* FPR 3.5 bar

I hope to get 300hp (332ft-lbs) as per the stage 3 kit...

I do think my exhaust is actually better and I will change the dump valve.

Any views on the Nordic upgrade path.

Thanks for the help

D

#5 ·
Hi , Yes I have a custom 3 to 5 Inch Stainless exhaust system with a removable cat.

I am looking at the Nordic Kit , I have or can get the kit items or better for 1/2 of the Stage 3 kit from Nordic. I will buy the stage 3 ecu software only and fit my own items.
I've read through your thread and I'm not entirely sure what you're going for, but here's my take. You sound like you have a setup that's already good to go for stage 3, you may just need a 3" downpipe if you haven't done so already. The stock filter setup shouldn't give you any problems until you go above 300HP, but it's your call on upgrading that. The 3.5bar FPR also isn't completely necessary for stage 3, but some prefer it. The diverter valve is also something that is of questionable necessity for stage 3. If you plan to go further in the future, then maybe these hardware upgrades would be a good idea. The one thing you're going to really want to start looking into if you're looking at/above stage 3 is a FMIC. Heatsoak will begin to be noticeable at/above stage 3. Look around in these performance threads at people who have done the upgrade and you should understand why. Good luck with your upgrades!

#6 ·
If you are looking for just 10HP then do yourself a favor and just put in the S&B drop in filter. I just did it and you will be amazed by just changing an airfillter what it can accomplish. Take things in steps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.