SaabCentral Forums banner

Wheel Spacers?

4K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  SaabNineThree 
#1 ·
Hey I am wondering if anybody has wheel spacers on their 9-5, if so what thickness, and where did you get them from? I am looking into getting some. If you have pics that would be awesome!:D
Thanx

#3 ·
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I'm guessing that you just used longer bolts in the front, while in the rear you used a different set of bolts to attach the spacers to the hub and then the factory bolts to the spacer. Correct? Also, do you notice more pronounced understeer? Our cars have a bunch of understeer already and widening the track in the rear should actually make the understeer worse :cry:

Cheers!

#10 ·
Guys dont forget that the size of spacer that fits will depend on the offset of your wheels. Some one with Saab 9-5 rims and an offset of ET49 might get away with a 15mm spacer, where as an aftermarket rim with an offset of ET35 is already at the same place (face of the rim) as the stock rim AND spacer!

#12 ·
Wise old men, speak the truth :p

#15 ·
Another veteran :cool:

#21 ·
because i know what im doing. i picked that tire size on purpose. i know my speedo is off. i can account for that when driving. i was trying to get the tire to stretch alittle but it barely did, i would got 205 if i was slammed. dont flame me. i know NO ONE here like tire stretch, i dont want to start a war in this thread.

#22 ·
Not trying to flame anything, if you go for a narrowr tyre you need to increase the side wall size to maintain the diameter, so a 45 profile would be better than a 40 in your case.

#25 ·
I was thinkin about throwin some 10mm spacers on my 03 aero. Goin for a more flush look.
Do the spacers have to be specifically for a saab or are there generic ones that fit?
Ive done some slight online cruising trying to find some but im just not sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

#31 ·
Cutting springs and leaving in stock dampers :roll: - you guys really dont care how the thing rides do you :confused:

#33 ·
hey ive been looking at the spacers aswell im in canada found a guy in Montreal for a set or 10mm in the front and 12mm in the rear your looking at 195 shipped to your door (in canada) its http://www.oemconcept.com/ the guy is great im now thinking on going 15mm in the rear and 12mm in the front let me know what you think thanks Jeremy (and where could i get studs??)

Buy off ebay im in Canada also i payed $24 for 2x12mm and $29 for 2x17mm and they should be coming tomorrow, shipping was $10....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.