SaabCentral Forums banner

Check Engine Light P1110

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheRonis9-5 
#1 ·
I just installed a Forge Diverter valve 2 nights ago. After it was in, I drove around a bit just to see how it was. I looked down and noticed that the CEL was on. :confused: The next day I pulled the code and it was a P1110---vacuum leak. OK. I bought a new hose from the valve to the black box at the firewall (2.5-3 ft?) I cleared the code and drove down the road for about 5 miles when the CEL came on again! :cry: any advice? I have an 03 Aero.

#2 ·
Double check and make sure all the vacuum lines are connected because they pop off very easily and randomly. I recently had to zip tie mine so it wouldn't keep disconnecting every time I went for a drive. If they are all connected then it has to be something with the valve itself. Make sure you have it positioned the same way as the other one was like. You can run it the opposite way, but I would stick with the normal position right now. There are different springs you can use that it should have come with it, though it shouldn't really matter what spring you are using.

#3 ·
Hmmmm. I know I put the valve on right....cuz it's only the same type of design as the stock one---kinda. As for springs, I put in yellow (with shim) because I've seen that the Aero puts out 20 psi. Hopefully it does because if it doesn't then thats probably why the CEL is on....thing is, I only touched the vacuum line from the firewall to the diverter valve itself. As for the pipe that goes into the "bottom" of the diverter valve, that is a bit loose. I dont know if it's supposed to be, but it moves around quite a bit. Not like in and out, but side to side generally. I'm not too happy about the whole thing. I just want my CEL to be off. I just got over putting my stock headlights back in after the person i bought it from put in aftermarket ballasts and the auto-leveling light was on for 2 months. :nono;

#4 ·
same issue

I have a 2002 9-3 aero and havin the same issue. Ive got the stock (green) sping in w/ no spacers and have tried w/ one spacer and also the yellow spring with the same results after clearing the code. Its normal for the pipe you speak of to move side to side and won't cause the computer to throw a code.

I did replace all the vacuum hosing but ive checked each time the code appears and its plenty tight. 4mm internal diameter silicon.

I was told it was the diverter valve i bought and that i should be able to blow/suck through it.. although i don't know the procedure to do so.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions..

#5 ·
Well the check engine light went off. But after checking to see if the code was actually gone, it was still there in the computer. Self test I assumed. It worked because I've checked multiple times and it isnt back on.

As for the diverter valve itself, are there any ways to make it sound louder? I was going to put on the cold air intake----but it's already cold enough considering I live in Massachusetts, so that'll go on in the spring. I know when I first had it on, I could hear somewhat of a chatter sound coming from it when I would open throttle it then let off the gas. This mightve been from the vacuum leak though...but I did love the sound!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.